Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Root canal question Rss

I had root canal about 4 months ago and now part of that tooth has broken off.
I am so pissed off. I am off to the dentist later today.
Has this happened to anyone if so what did they do to the broken tooth??

Sometimes its probably better to pull the friggin thing out in the first place

Thanks

Ethan 18/04/06 Hannah 13/04/07 Yep we were crazy a

It broke because the tooth is now thin and brittle - mine has done the same. I asked the dentist about pulling it out and leaving my wisdom tooth in its place but he opted for pulling out the wisom tooth and he will put a ring around the broken tooth and replace the filling. Scares the shlt out of me because the root canal hurt so much and I dont want to go through that again.

About 12 months after having root canal part of my tooth crumbled away too. I fear the dentist - the thought of going alone has me crying & feeling like vomiting. I was also pregnant and kept almost fainting in the chair so he temporarily fixed the prolem to get it done quickly. He said i would need to get something permanent after bub comes. 6 months later (i had hoped the temporary solution would just magically last forever) it crumbled away again. It was NYE too so a great day for it to happen. Ended up having the tooth ripped out.
Had i known that it would last such a short time i would have had it pulled out at first too. Would have saved me money & numerous trips there to have the root canal done.

Good luck!

Thanks guys... who knows what they are going to do to it..

Since having the root canal i am fine with dentists now..
I used to get very sick before going everytime

Ethan 18/04/06 Hannah 13/04/07 Yep we were crazy a

mine made me more fearfull hehe - give me childbith any day lol.

Me too - ill take childbirth over it!

If I ever need to have Root Canal I would opt to have it removed. Only because all the people that I know who have had root canal it hasnt saved the tooth just cost them more. As they have had to end up having it removed because of ir breaking like you have said.

I had an emergency root canal done before Christmas, and have to go back for the proper one after I have this kiddo. The dentist has advised me that she will not do a root canal without putting a crown on the tooth, as the tooth will not last without the crown.
Posted by: LA78
The dentist has advised me that she will not do a root canal without putting a crown on the tooth, as the tooth will not last without the crown.

had a root canal done 10 years ago and was advised the same. an expensive process from start to finish but have never had any further problems since the crown was done.
Sign in to follow this topic