Huggies Forum

Kenwood Chef or Kitchen Aid? Lock Rss

I want a mix master now, and Im not real sure what to go for!

Mum always had a Kenwood Chef as i was growing up and it lasted and lasted ad lasted, up until I dropped it!!!

Theres alot of mixed reviews on all of them online, so not sure!

Theres 2 other brands that pop up, Sunbeam and Breville. BUT the sunbeam apparetnly has issues with having to need to use a spatula constantly to scrape the sides of the bowl while mixing cakes etc. I dont want to have to worry about this constantly.

Id prefer something with a 2nd bowl available too.

Recommend away girls smile]

3 Little Ones to Love.....

I have a kitchen aid mixer. I have to admit I don't really use it a lot but when I have it's been good. We actually won in in Real Living Magazine. I also have the matching red toaster and it's awesome, it doesn't pop, it beeps so that your toast isn't poking out the top getting cold!lol

I've never really used anything else so I can't say whether or not it's better than the others but damn it looks sexy sitting on my bench top!LMAO!
I have no advice at all, but I will add that I want to get one as well. I had thought about a sunbeam one, but I wasn't aware of the scrapping issue - but I would imagine that you'd need to do that with all of them, to an extent?

I will be watching this thread and hoping for some recommendations!
Michelle
I actually won a Kenwood Chef one from the Super Food Ideas magazine about 6 years ago, and I absolutely love it. I've never even seen the Kitchen Aid one so can't really comment or compare, but sometimes I use my Chef daily and it is beautiful. I don't think it's as pretty as the Sunbeam Mixmaster (all the pretty colours to choose from!) but for ease of use and workability, it is fabulous. I can't believe I was so lucky to win it - I think it was valued at $699 or something, and while I'd always wanted one I don't think I'd get around to buying it at that price smile Oh and my MIL does have a Mixmaster and she has to scrape the sides (not constantly but a couple of times while mixing) - I do too. I think it's just one of those things. Don't leave it running while you do it - MIL nearly broke her arm sticking a spatula in there lol.

I'm pretty sure mine came with 2 bowls too - I only ever use the big one - I'm not sure where the small one is? The cat may be using it as a water bowl whoopsie.
apparently you have to do it constantly with one of the sunbeams. I know you would have to do it to a extent with them all, but just dont wnt to have to do it all the time!

NOT FAIR!!! I want to win one now!!!!!

3 Little Ones to Love.....

Haha I broke mums mix master by the scraper getting caught - the little knobs on the beaters broke off haha (luckily she was able to get some replacement ones hehe) I have a basic sunbeam one (one day I will upgrade if hubby lets me) and I find on my one you have to scrape the sides down alot.

mines the mix master compact pro (so the smaller version)

[Edited on 02/10/2009]

I have the kenwood chef and after years of owning one and now onto the 2nd mum said she need a new one, dont remember the reason.She said she is getting the kitchen aid.I do love the kenwood but its SO heavy!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I bought a Kenwood Chef about 6mths ago. I love it! Haven't had any issues with it at all and I use it all the time. My sister just bought a Kitchen Aid and to tell the truth I can't see how they're any different (appart from asthetics). It's a lot of extra money to spend just to get one that looks pretty on the kitchen bench.

Mine came with a bonus mincer which I've used heaps and I'm just about to buy the food processor attachment.

My MIL has her Grandmothers Kenwood and it's still going strong.

We are a member of choice website and these are their suggestions based on their testing:

Single-attachment mixers
Kenwood kMix Stand Mixer KMX51 $749
KitchenAid Artisan Mixer 5KSM150PS $799
Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine KM315A950 / Kenwood Chef Kitchen Machine KM300 $599/449

Twin-attachment mixers
Sunbeam Mixmaster Series II MX7700 $219
i have the KitchenAid and love it. they are coming back down in price to $729 (except for chrome,brushed nickel, candy apple)

DD

I have a Kenwood Chef KM300 and love it. It isn't pretty but it works great and I love all the attachments you can get for it (mincer, pasta maker etc.)

I LOVE my kitchen Aid, Ive had it for around 4 years, mum has had hers for about 10 years, fantastic, mum had a sunbeam mixmaster before this.

Best thing about the kitchen aid is easy to clean, and everything can go in the dishwasher.

Sign in to follow this topic