Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Fit & Healthy You
  5. Post natal abdominial muscle - HELP

Post natal abdominial muscle - HELP Rss

Hi everyone

I am 23 yrs old and have 2 children ages 3 and 1 and post baby weight was 56kg now 74.5 and never regain my post natal body after first child but didnt put much on for second

I have just celebrated my second childs first bday and it really bothered me that my tummy still looked disgusting and i noticed that my muscle separation is still a finger apart and my tummy looked saggy

is tummy tuck the only solution??? i really want to try excrising and dieting

does anyone have the same problem?? i read on the net that sometimes no matter what u do ur muscle jus wont go bak to normal and u need the tummy tuck to part bak the muscles together

if there are any thing i can do please let me know

Im going to gp tomorrow for my sons vaccine and i wanna ask doc if theres anything i can do.

Hi,
I had a seperation of my stomach muslces too after DS#1 and again after DS#2, but not as bad the 2nd time round. I was given exercises by the physio, which are basically what this web site says to do. Here is what found on- http://www.pregnancy-info.net/separated_muscles.html

Treating Separated Muscles
There are some easy ways to help treat separated muscles after you have given birth. Simple abdominal exercises can help to bring the left and right sides of your rectus abdominus back together. These abdominal exercises are designed to help target weak muscles and won’t cause extra stress to your stomach or back. Work to perform three sets of ten repetitions each.

Before you begin any type of exercise, though, be sure to consult with your health care provider. These stomach exercises are suitable if you have undergone a cesarean section, as long as your stitches have been removed and your scars have healed.

•Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Work to bring your navel as close as possible to your spine, so it looks as if your stomach is "caving in". Hold this for a minute or two, while continuing to relax and breathe.

•Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place both of your hands on your abdomen, fingers pointing towards your pelvis. Exhale and lift your head off of the floor, while pressing down with your fingers.

•Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Exhale and extend one leg out in front of you. Wait for your abdomen to contract, and then inhale and place your leg back on the floor. Alternate legs.

•Wrap a long towel around your stomach with the ends in front of your abdomen. Do a crunch. As you raise your shoulders and head off of the ground, pull the ends of the towel towards one another.

Hope this helps and like you said talk to your GP tomorrow too,
Belinda

Thanks for the help does doing yoga help ..?

i went to the GP she gave me a referral for ultrasound cos she said it sounds an area of my stomach has no muscle support then if there is a problem might need to see phyio or even surgery.. honest its so disgusting n with all the stretch marks.

i still havent been to the ultrasound yet im waiting for my exams to finish then in the holidays till next feb im gonna swift the baby weight once and for all its not jus nasty to look at but also an health problem for me i notice my immune system is weaker n i developed asthma as well ....

Also my mum said there was this lady that had pot belly and started wearing this corset like thing to hold her stomach together and apparent it works but its got like wires and stuff and not very comfortable does anyone know if it works and where to get it??

Sign in to follow this topic