Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

older kids in nappies Rss

Sometimes life just isn't fair.
My three year old nearly four year old has just been back to the hospital today and the doctor tells me the nerves in his rectum no longer work. He will never have control over bowel movements again. This means a life of nappies.
How will he cope with school, tennage years, life in general.
He has cancer of the throat and has biopsys done to check for rectal cancer. He has autism and now to top it off needs to wear nappies forever.
I dont even know where to start looking for them and what sort of social impact this will have in the coming years.
There just seems so mcuh to overcome for someone so little.
Any advice would be appreciated...
I'm so so so sorry darl this must be so hard on you I really feel sad reading this.
I no there are adult nap pies in safeway and the pull ups like the toilet training ones go into large sizes too.
Don't worry about what other people think he has a medical condition and people should just understand that.
There is a incontinence nurse you could try calling your hospital to see if you can get a appoint,net or your health clinic she will advice you on products to buy and where from.
I had a lot of trouble with leaking after I had dd and I had to see this kind of nurse and she told me all anout special liners and she told me how she also works with people who have all kinds of incontinence problems and show them what products are best I hope you have some one like that in your area once again I'm so sorry

My three year old nearly four year old has just been back to the hospital today and the doctor tells me the nerves in his rectum no longer work. He will never have control over bowel movements again. This means a life of nappies.
He has cancer of the throat and has biopsys done to check for rectal cancer. He has autism and now to top it off needs to wear nappies forever.
I dont even know where to start looking for them and what sort of social impact this will have in the coming years.

Is there no surgery they can do to fix this? Just i heard with inconsistence in some ladies it works? Gosh he is in a bad way. Lets hope that the cure for cancer is just around the corner.

I am so sorry to hear your news sad
Request a referral to the incontinence department. There are companies that do a whole range of incontinence pads, I do believe KC is one of them.

I don't know your whole story but I hope you are taking care of your self as well.

Best wishes
Jax

Love my boys M-10/05/08 J-01/12/09

What a lot for such a little one. Can he not have a colostomy bag? A lot more discrete than a nappy.
so sorry to hear your sons having such a rough time.
I'd be looking for some kind of support group in your area where you can talk to other mothers going through similar situations so that you can get some ideas and share your story in a place where you will be understood and offered help.
Also they might offer some kind of group where he can play with children battling similar illnesses etc ??
Not sure where to find that information though but i wish you the best of luck.

that is a lot for you all to overcome! I have no advice, I just wanted to say im sorry that you received more bad news.

GBH
xx
I am a continence nurse if you would like to pm me with any questions you may have im sure i can help.

Poor little pumpkin...I hope you all have a lot of love and support around you. Sorry, I have no advice, just understand how hard it can be seeing your child go through tough times. My thoughts are with you.
:0)
I have seen them on ebay but i'm sure Jigglybits will be able to give you better advice as i'm sure the ones on ebay are over priced!

Your right! It's so not fair! Some of us just don't know how good we have it.

Thinking of you and all the family.

Perhaps you could try contacting our Customer Advisory Service they may be able to let you know what products are available.

Take care <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>
Sign in to follow this topic