Huggies Forum

It's so funny... Rss

How people ask whether my twins are two boys or two girls when Ava is dressed in a flowery pair of pants and a pink top and Mason is wearing a navy and red top with planes on it and blue pants! Not to mention the blue and pink bunny rugs.

And how they ask if they are identical when they know that they are boy/girl twins. Um no they have different "bits" LOL.

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

I know exactly what you mean Carly, sometimes I have to bite my tongue! the funny thing is they actually ask me if they are twins,as sometimes they're not sure because Callum is a bit bigger than Mollie - what else could they be? I didn't just pop one out and then the other 6months later!
LOL I saw a lady I haven't seen for years today and I was feeding both bubs. She said to me "Oh, do you have twins" I really wanted to say "No, just 2 babies born on the same day". DH doesn't get why it frustrates me but if he got the stupid questions and comments all the time...

But a lady did say to me today " Oh how lovely. You have twins. You are very lucky." Exactly how I feel.

Carly - mummy to Alyssa, Ava and Mason

I hate it when people ask if Liam & Mason are twins - they look so much alike and are identical sizes! Sometimes you want to tell people they are triplets but you left one at home!
This used to drive me nuts. I would take them out dressed in pink and blue and still people would say. Oh what cute girls, or what cute boys.

I would also get some very strange comments like 'they arent twins, they are different sexes' 'they cant be twins, that one is so much bigger' let alone the 'are they identical questions' grrrrrrr

Ali, VIC 5yr old Twins (DD & DS) & 1yr old DS

Hi Carly!

I haven't been on here for AGES so I have been sifting thru all the posts to try and find someone i remember!!!

Hope everything is well with you and the twins and I hope Alyssa is being a great big sister!

Haha.. well when i dress both girls in pink frilly dresses i get asked 'one boy, one girl??' what kind of cruel mother would do that to her son??? or 'oh twins, are they both yours?' They both belong to my husband but only one is mine... or 'how old is that one??' and when i say 3 months then the question 'how old is the other one..' Some people are pretty dense.
[Edited on 16/01/2008]
Sign in to follow this topic