Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

Deonne

Oh my, That question that i have avoided has been approached!

Hi everyone I have a BIG DELIMA My daughter is 6 and in year 1. She gave me a shock today and now...

5 replies

Well seeing as she has decided to believe in GOD she probably needs to know the truths about it without confusing her to much. GOD n...

I'm so ANGRY!

I wasn't sure where to post this but really needed to get it off my chest .. My daughter is 5 thi...

6 replies

I doubt it will happen .. she's 5 this year. So many firsts he's missed and you can never ever get them back. I know exactly what yo...

supa_dupa_mum

5 year old troubles...pulling hair out

i know what my son is doing is normal but i am having so much trouble with what to do. My son is ...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
supa_dupa_mum

5 year gap......

just wondering how a 5 year gap will go with my son and the baby on the way???? does any1 been or...

8 replies

Rockies, your last sentence is soooooo true!

Party games for an 8 year old - PLEASE HELP!!!!

I am stuck. Its my sons 8th birthday in 2 weeks and I have no idea on what to do. I know he wou...

5 replies

I have heard of a website called www.birthdaypartyideas.com (maybe .au too but I can't remember) I haven't checked it out but it is ...

Princess Fairy

Im abit peeved

My DS is 6 and in year 1. Hes always been very bright but struggles with afew things. He says his...

4 replies

I am so pleased it has all worked out. It is such a shame that there are teachers out there who think they are better than everyone ...

devilsangel

when and where have your kids pulled their teeth out?

Hi just wondering when and where your kids have puuled out their teeth. My daughter insisted that...

1 reply

just at home but only one pulled out just lots of playing with tongue etc trying to wiggle it out

Natalie_

Easter gifts

Hello, I'm so sick of the chocolate, chocolate & more chocolate at Easter time, & also my dd7 is ...

7 replies

My Mum has started buying PJs for all the grandkids and they get 1 egg from the trays of eggs each, she figures they get enough choc...

vanilla6873

8 yo son driving us nuts- advise please!

Hi, Our 8 yo son is driving us nuts with his behaviour and nothing we do seems to be working. He ...

5 replies

I know i might be difficult but if you have a small bub he will be craving the attention. Can you arrange for some time either after...

Baby Shampoo or Regular

Right my DS is 4 and im not sure whether to still use Johnsons type baby shampoos on his hair or ...

7 replies

my daughter is 2 and i use normal stuff for her. when it comes to washing her hair out i just get her to lay down in the bath a clos...

Princess Fairy

DD driving me nuts

My DD is 10 and has started to become really lazy! She isnt doing her chores which is really unli...

2 replies

She's at that age, i have a 16 y/o sis, 15 y/o bro 12 y/o sis, and 8 y/o sis and my brother is always there to help my mum out where...

123&4

oh well

! [Edited on 11/03/2008]

Bubblebum

Step kids - bad parent?

I have two step sons and a baby of my own. I don't enjoy the time that my step sons are with us,...

45 replies

We are now having fun and games with the ex, as my dp daughter lives with us fulltime and we don't get a cent from the ex, my dp ran...

bangus75

Prep Enrolments for 2009 - Victoria

Hi, My DD is in Kinder this year and so far the plan is that she will be starting prep in 2009. ...

3 replies

Hi, Thanks for the responses. I have contacted the 2 schools I have in mind. I went to the first one today and had a bit of a t...

Her first visit - I want to run away!

My partner has a 6yr old from his last relationship and I never had a problem with that or with h...

22 replies

yeah thats good she listens to u! my step doesnt and never has. she still gets treated like a baby at home as well. she even gets ta...

Huggies_Moderator

Thread Removed - Subject : Private Schools!

This thread has been temporarily removed to be edited.

The Duggar Family (USA)

Hi, I thought I'd make a post on the Duggar Family, which I thought would be a fun thing to talk ...

15 replies

I know a family with 10 kids that is like this. All the kids are home schooled, no mulitples and they are all really happy that way....

PARENTS WITH BOOSTER SEATS.....

I had a thread aaaaaaggggggeeesss ago about seatbelt clicker extenders (yes I know not the techni...

14 replies

Fantastic. I'm off to my local Repco tomorrow. I didn't even know these things exsisted. Normally I'm fine with one child in a bo...

Danni87

cousins 6 months apart... ideas please??

my sister and i have both recently had little boys, hers is six months older than mine and used t...

2 replies

Hi I'm not sure how old the babies are but I take it they are under 12 months. The sharing concept doesnt kick in till they are ar...

fluffy025

What should be my response?? Need advice

Hi all, I will try and keep it short. My step son has returned back to live with us after going ...

1 reply

Hi, Been there still sort of dealing with it. We have an almost 19 year old SS living with us and he is extremely lazy. BUT i stand...

GOTMILK

1st only 15 months and another one on the way!!!

hi, im a young mum with a 15 month old little boy whos a big time mummys boy and currently 18 wee...

7 replies

Oh thats a great idea thank you so much!!!

cheekybubba

children and chores

Hi there, My eldest has just started high school and when she starts home ec would like to cook...

8 replies

My DD's 10 and 14 love to cook. It used to be mostly deserts and pancakes on the weekends, but once my eldest started doing home eco...

RachelP

Does anyone have teenagers and struggle to get them out of bed.

Hi I was just wondering if any of you have teens who are almost impossible to get out of bed in t...

7 replies

Posted by: RachelP L*BAD I was just wondering if the principle treated your DS any different after you approached him. I have thou...

MonkaMoo

School Homework!!!

My DD is 8 and in grade at school,they have only been back at school for a week and half and the ...

18 replies

my 8 yr old is only in yr2 but gets 1 sheet each week with a couple of maths q's and some grammar(is that th...

vkw

posted this in general but no one gave a rats

we had our school swimming carnival in the pouring rain on monday, originally i told the boys the...

11 replies

He did a great job and you should be very proud

I'm Not A Teacher!!

Why do our kids get so much bloody homework?? I HATE IT!! I don't have the patience for it and it...

57 replies

Loved reading this thread! Clarified my thinking a lot. I don't stress about set homework too much. If it can't be done, then so be...

House*of*boyz

Toothfairy protocol???

My 7yo DS has been waiting anxiously over the past fortnight for his wobbly tooth to come out and...

10 replies

Wow if it was his first tooth I would make every effort to give him $2.00. I would also ask him where he would like to put the lette...

tamrok

where do babies come from

I have a 4yr old step daughter & a baby due any day now, i really dont know how to answer the que...

8 replies

that's a really good point. Often getting started talking about this sort of topic is the hardest part, and the longer you leave it ...

bangus75

Kindergarten Group Sizes

Hi, My DD just started Kinder this week. I didn't realise until yesterday that there are 27 kid...

5 replies

Hi, I ended up starting DD at her new kinder last Thursday. She loved it. As soon as she walked in and put her bag away she looke...

Neens1

At what age do you allow sleepovers?

Just wondering at what age is normal for sleepovers? My 5 year old (he's 6 this month) has been...

16 replies

Back when i was a kid (feel so old saying that!) We had sleep overs ALL THE TIME! From a young age too. Things are very different no...

1moremakes4

Anyone with a 5/6 yo learning how to read?

I have a son who will be 6 in a few weeks. He is currently learning how to read (or at least sup...

11 replies

find out what he likes. It might be rubbish, cartoons, superheroes, bodily functions, boys often respond well to non-fiction too. Wh...

mareeba mum

PLEASE HELP 11 yr old DD Ghost Fears

Hi Im desperate for some advice, My DD is 11yrs old and for as long as i can remember she has nev...

1 reply

HI I know exactly what you are going through!!!! How long has she been like this? and what is she really scared of, do you know, is ...

twinbubs

WHEN TO START SCHOOL

Hello i have twin boys and they will be 4 in may. I guess the big question is do i send them to s...

18 replies

I get so confused with the different states education systems...Im in SA and all kids go to kindy at 4 then school the term after th...

Princess Fairy

Puberty

My DD is 9 and is already going through puberty! She has boobs, and pubic hair and Im pretty sure...

4 replies

Hope it works itself out for you! I have no suggestions I'm sorry. I'm glad I have my girls, and I don't have to qworry about that s...

Andii81

GROWING PAINS!!!!

My 4 year old daughter gets pains in her legs during the nights. People say its growing pains as ...

11 replies

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I've got her taking the Centrum multivitamin for kids now and we haven't had a single night o...

ty''s&caiden''smum

HELP!

Hi, My DS is 4 next month and we have him perfectly toilet trained.........except for when he sl...

7 replies

My DS is 6 and still wets te bed once or twice a week. He used to wet every night and nothing I done would help. I have noticed now...

fluffy025

What do think is going on?

My Step daughter is 9 we have her and her two sisters every school holidyas for the entirety, and...

1 reply

It really could be anything....sounds like she is very anxious about something. Do you have a good relationship with her? Maybe if...

m2c

CONTROVERSIAL!!!

Here's a good one to start!! With all the young mum threads going around, what about the young da...

56 replies

My mum snuck around with my dad for a year before she had my sister at 15 and me 6 days after she turned 17 (dad was 21 when they me...

ladyinwaiting

What's your view on buying kids toys?

Hey Everyone!! Just really curious to know what other Mums think about this? I have two stepkids...

6 replies

My DD (and even 2 wk old DS) is spoiled rotten and has more toys than she could EVER play with. What I have been doing is boxing up ...

mum-2-three

Bathing children together

Hi, i have a dd who just turned 8yrs and a ds who is 20mths. My dd still has baths and still has ...

8 replies

my kids love to have a bath together,they are only 3 & 1.5 both boys but get really excited when their baby sister has a bath with t...