Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

missymoo3

breaking the news!

Does anyone have an idea or special way to tell our older children 5 and 9 were having another ba...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
jomumof3

Type 1 Diabetes

Hi my dd has diabetes and will be starting at prep this year. Does anyone have any advice that ca...

2 replies

Well mazomaai has basically said everything I was going to lol, but I really recommend that you get have a chat with your D.E. and a...

shania

Help 11month old has stopped eating solids

My 11 mth old boy is teething yet no teeth have cut through. He is off most foods & lives off my...

2 replies

Hi, my DS has been an issue since day dot for feeding. But just before he turned 1 he wouldn't take a thing or eat his finger food....

mummaof2girls2

HELP 10 year old and major issues

A little background to start with: DD and I had been on our own since I was pregant with her - th...

KarateMummaBear

A good age gap?

What have you found to be the best age gap between kids??

15 replies

I have a 4 year old and a 12 month old and they are the best of friends both boys! Was worried bout the 3 and a bit year age gap and...

BRA

HELP night toilet training older children

hi, i am in desperate help of toilet training both my girls at night they are nearly 6 and 4 a...

1 reply

Don't feel bad about it, it's not something your girls or you are doing wrong! Some children wet the bed for years, no-one really k...

mandajoy

Step Children

I am just wondering if their are any parents out there that have allowed their children to make t...

11 replies

Upon reading your reply to this lady, I have to say I agree with your view. I only have one problem, The mother IS partly responsib...

Cabbenie

Fear of insects

A couple of days ago my 3yo DD was playing outside when she had a bug crawl over her toes and it ...

cit

greedy older sister

my 2 year old is very greedy when it comes to baby time and refuses to let my 5 year old anywhere...

1 reply

can your dh play with your 2 yr old and have some special time with her whilst your 5 yr old has some special time with the baby? i...

RacheyT

stepchildren question

Hi I know this might be abit of a sensitive subject for some.. but I am really struggling with my...

25 replies

Hi, My mum re-married when I was 4. My father was/is in a different country but we still spoke. My step-dads first wife passed away...

What do you get older kids to help with?

My son is 6 and has a mild/moderate global delay (mainly speech - gets his words mixed up). He h...

1 reply

don't despair just yey. My DD is the maternal one and loves all her siblings, BUT , until the baby actually becomes a little person,...

Public School Fees???

hey, just thought it would be interesting to compare public school fees... my son attends a loc...

40 replies

My son started public school this year.On his first day he brought home a note asking for a compulsory $30. Two days later it was $3...

mazomaai

reader levels

Can anyone tell me what is the average reader level for a grade 2. I have tried to google it but ...

9 replies

Hi Jackie3, thanks for your reply. Our school also reads the PM and PM+ readers. He has since gone to a level 19 and other parents ...

mum of 3 goin crazy

Kids first year at school

Just looking for other mums that have sent their kids off to school for the first time. Would lov...

4 replies

i have a little one who started prep this year. he lovesit, but each day he says he doesnt want to go, bt then never wants the day t...

LaySea

PARENTS

Hi, DD#1 aged 4 yrs started kinder & ballet this year. In our family it's mum, dad, DD#1 & DD#2....

1 reply

I got through this phase fairly unscathed by giving long and detailed explainations to their questions. I dont know whether the expl...

mazomaai

Nail biting

Does anyone else have an older child who bit/bites their nails, and how did you get them to kick ...

1 reply

Hi Zoe, There is a special clear nail polish you can buy from the chemist that tastes really really really bitter!lol. That may de...

Grubbles

Routines for different ages

Hi, I'm a stay at home Mum with young children of varying ages. I'm trying to get a glimpse into...

2 replies

sorry double post [Edited on 05/03/2009]

my3ratbags

OMG!! 3 under 2.5. Help!!

Not sure if this where I should post but anyway here goes. I have a 26 month old DD, 14 month ol...

3 replies

Hey there stay strong and hang in there!! I am a mother of 3 my DS1 is 6 1/2 DD 4 1/2 DS2 16mnth and pregnant with twins due in Jul...

cherezel79

older 2 fight like cats & dogs

like the subject states my older 2 are always fighting ans its driving me crazy. my oldest boy (7...

5 replies

Arghhhhhh is all i can say i know this situation very well lol My girls fight non stop they are aged 12(13 in may) and 4.You would t...

mum2tandt

New School Boy

Hello. I dont know how to word this. My DS started school 4 weeks ago and is 5. 3 nights ago my h...

3 replies

Glad to see its just not me getting worked up over something minor. I always said I would never be one of those mums of boys that th...

lilmisshappy

Kindergarten Crush

Hi, I have a 5yr old daughter who started kindergarten this year and she has a crush on a boy in ...

1 reply

Aww lol how cute! She's a little girl so her perspective on this is probably normal. \ For small kids they will probably see things...

.:Katie:.

Mean older children

My DF has a 7yr old girl from his last relationship and when she's here she's really mean to my D...

2 replies

Probaby because she's from a step-family? My best friend was, and she told me she felt jealous in her childhood of her little bro's...

working-mummy-of-2

How will he feel.

Hello all, We are TTC our 3rd baby. We already have 2 boys who at the moment are 4 and 2. We ha...

2 replies

I think you'll get some sibling rivalry with the youngest when the baby arrives. But he will get used to it eventually. Just watch ...

fluffy025

Is 12yo old enough??

Hi Ladies, I have a 12yo son who is capable of looking after his 2 yo brother. But i am just wond...

15 replies

First I would check the legislation in your state..... When I was 11, it was my responsibility to wake up my 5 year old sister, mak...

jomumof3

smelly drink bottles

Hi does anyone know how to get rid of the plastic smell in kids drinks bottles??? Thanks

1 reply

Hi, if the smell is because they're new then it goes away after a few washes. maybe put some vanilla essence in them diluted in some...

Now-There-Are-Three

Another toothfairy question

How much does the toothfairy pay per tooth these days? I can't even remember how much we got from...

10 replies

W have a tooth fairy pillow with a book at the back the book says teeth turn into stars and the owner of the tooth goes and buys a n...

Does anyone feel bad for their eldest ???

I guess what im trying to say is; [Edited on 18/10/2008]

6 replies

yep i do and sometimes she feels sorry for herself - i sometimes forget she is only 10 and believe that i expect too much from her o...

Princess Fairy

Do your kids still believe??

My DD is 10 and obviously doesnt believe in the tooth fairy/santa/eater bunny....She hasnt for ab...

6 replies

I don't remember believing in Santa when i was a kid so didn't feel the need to tell my kids he was real. Even before I had a chanc...

AP5544

Advise on a 3rd

Hi Everyone I know I should be making this decision with my husband, but just wondering if any o...

12 replies

Thanks for the advise everyone, we did eventually decide to have another one, I am currently 18 weeks pregnant,didnt take long at al...

Why Am I So Scared??

Of public school?? Long story short, we are having some difficulty (AGAIN) getting our boys into...

34 replies

Hi both my children go to public school and they love it. The school they attend only has 300 kids and the teachers really do care a...

bubba27

Tidying their own room, how old?

Hi, How old was your child boy / girl when you started making them clean up their own room? I h...

6 replies

My children have been cleaning their room up from about 4 or 5 years old. They have been making their bed probably about the age of ...

Cookies03

Age gaps between kids

I currently have two children 28 months apart and I am considering getting pregnant again soon - ...

8 replies

Thanks everyone for your opinions and experiences. At this stage we are thinking that we will try again soon, but not really despera...

Grubbles

3 bubs under 3 - any ideas for activities?

Yes - I am slightly crazy! LOL! Having a 2.5 year old, a 16 month old and a 5 week old. And also ...

2 replies

Congratulations to both of you for managing so well. My no 3 is nearly 6mths old now. It took me along time to really fall back into...

MODS I WANT A RESPONSE!!!!!!

I have had enough of being FRUCKING nice. I have been polite and am asking a simple question and ...

1 reply

OMG get a hobby darling, this is a fun well moderated forum for mums dads and carers if you dont like the forum hit ESCAPE, I could ...

cj2

Fundraising Ideas

does anyone have any feedback on good/not so good fundraisers they have seen or been a part of? ...

28 replies

we are going to try this at school some time a car boot sale just read in the local paper a school raised $10,000 how easy is that...

curiosity

camp

its camp time for my son, theres just two problems: he wets the bed and he'll be put in a cabin w...

mother2one

Separation at Christmas

I need some help. My partner has two children from another relationship and we have a 2yr old dau...

1 reply

Hey, if you spent last Christmas with his family I don't see any reason why he can't spend this one with your family. I'm kind of ...

Open_Sesame

School Fees!

I just did a rough estimate based on schools fees for the current year to see how much it is goin...

15 replies

Posted by: Open_Sesame_"Steph" If the state school had a really good reputation then I would probably use it but I don't know any in...

Blue Eyed Angels

HELP..............Normal or Behavioural Problems?

I am at my wits end and am unsure what to do............... My DS is 5yrs old and started school ...

4 replies

How are you reacting to his bad behaviour? I would recommend that you try the approach of getting him to help you do things in readi...

bigboy1

pocket money - what are suggestions on jobs that can be done to earn it?

dh and i were disussing this and doesnt believe in diong the dishes as one of the jobs? what kin...

15 replies

Depends on their age but we used to get 1dollar for every year we were old eg 5 yrs old 5 dollars but it was fortnightly not weekly ...