Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

Myrtle

How much does your 4 year old weight

Hi there I took my son for his 4yr old immunisations yesterday and was told he is overweight hes ...

32 replies

my son is 4 1/2 is 110cms and 20 kgs, they are what they are, they are kids, when he starts being unhealthy from this then you can w...

kimmi2301

need help with 22 mth old

hi there, my son is 22 mths old and has refused to sleep in his cot so he has slept with us is ...

2 replies

Hi, my advice is just to hang in there, I've been in the same situation except I'm not as far along as you . You have to options, y...

Ljse80

Social Phobia/Anxiety?

Hi My 4 yr old daughter is what I thought was "extremely shy", however now I am starting to get c...

1 reply

I have a 3 yo DD just like this. Has been like it since I cen remember. She is perfectly fine at home. Climbs the walls and 'sings' ...

6kiddies

any mums with lots kiddies

hi im 29 i have 6 kiddies 11,9,7,4,22 months and 7 months any one out there with lots of kids too?

29 replies

hi im 34 and i have 5 kiddies 14,12,9,4 and 6months i love the happy noisey busy household life is definatley not boring

Mummy <3

To give my daughter a sibling or not?

Hi - I am just wanting other people's thoughts and opinions please! My DD is turning 18mths soo...

5 replies

Being an only child doesnt mean that your daughter misses out on anything, she just has really close friends instead. If you dont wa...

Quin1901

soon to have 3 kids and not sure who to share rooms. Help plz

OK so i have 2 kids 4year old boy K and a 10 month old girl Holly. I am due for my 3rd child a gi...

4 replies

We have 3 kids too and a 3 bedroom house. For now our eldest daughter (5 years old) shares a room with the baby (a boy, 11 months) a...

sarah211078

trouble fitting in and making friends

My 1st Son (July 2005) is now at 4 year old kinder and it seems is having trouble making friends....

2 replies

Hi Sorry I can't help you. But I worry about my DD at school I just want her to have friends. It's been hard has her friend is in a ...

Kris10 - mumof2

Doesn't want to be a sister anymore

My DD who is nearly 11 has been really really moody lately (especially to her sister) and when I ...

5 replies

What did you say when she said she didn't want to be a sister? Did you ask why not? I wonder if there are other things going on th...

mum-2-three

I don't know what to do - 9yr old with attitude!!

Hi, I have 3 kids - 9yr old dd, 3 yr old ds and 7mth ds. Well my problem is with my 9 yr old, t...

4 replies

often having the same problem with our 7 year old! I just hope to myself that were getting the teen years over and done with early a...

mumaof3

please help, I am falling out of love with my little girl

I feel so awful even for thinking the title however I really don't know how else to explain my fe...

4 replies

Hey ladies, Thanks for your replies. All seems to be good now. I feel so awful as it appears that she wasn't well. She actually ...

Xardee

Parents of girls!!!

This is my first ever post on a forum so I hope I'm doing this right!!! My sister is a member on...

4 replies

Wow, 9, that is young....My niece has started and she is 10 1/2. You sound like you are doing all the right things...try not to mak...

3G'S

4yr old to visit Orthodontist

Hi I recently took my 7yr old & 4yr old for a checkup at the dentist. The dentist picked up my 4...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
Then there were 3

IS THE 2ND BABY BIGGER THEN YOUR 1ST?

I have heard that your 2nd baby is larger than your first is this true? Because my baby was ove...

21 replies

mine were DD1 - 8p 2oz - a wk early DD2 - 8p 9oz - 9 days late DS1 - 9p 6oz - 10 days late and DS2 - 8p 8oz - 5 days late So really...

Peady

4 year old, we need help please?

We have a 4 year old girl, well she will be 4 in May. She speaks to myself, my hubby and her gran...

10 replies

i agree with the soap method, i know its cruel at times but my mum did it to me few times before i relized she was serious, i grew u...

JackRubeHarry's Mum

Ideas for gift to older siblings from new baby

Hi, just wanting some ideas for a special little gift to my DS (will be about 5) and DD (will be ...

1 reply

hey there, just from history lol for DS what about a big truck and then a little soft truck - the big truck can do so much when play...

countrygirl17

13 year old sibling not happy!

Hi, I'm new to this forum thing and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice? I'm pregn...

1 reply

I'm in a simualar situation only that my other children r 11 & 8 one lives with me the other one lives with my ex everything was til...

kirsty18

hi

i have 2 under 3 and i having another one and i wanted to know how to have time with the oldest ...

4littleangels

would you just leave it

or would you follow it up. I will try to keep it short. On friday, The principal and teacher pull...

15 replies

if you are not satisfied with the action taken by the principal, as a parent you are within your rights to contact the school zone c...

4 yr olds and writting

How many words is normal for a 4 yr old, almost 5 to be able to write?

10 replies

Thanks Ness, thanks girls. She can write Bella, Lola, Mum, Dad, Pop and Cody. She needs to start writing Isabella but is not keen ...

mummyolly

4 year

hi was wondering if some people have any ideas, my sister is a single mum and has been from day ...

1 reply

Hi, I have a 4 yo and I think its the age - they want to be treated like an older child / more responsible but are still little kids...

xmummyto3x

2 under 3, want to fall pregnant again.

Hi, I need some advice on what it's like to have 2 young children and go for a 3rd? My eldest d...

4 replies

Wow....! You have inspired me even more to go for it! I think we may have to borrow my mums car seat to see how it fits... it look...

bubba27

Too old to bath with mummy?

For those of you who have little boys, how old were they when you thought it was time to stop bat...

9 replies

My DS is 28 months and still showers and baths with both DH and I. He occasionally gets curious as to Mum or Dad's bodies and we jus...

bellva98

fighting

I need some advice about my boys. I have a three year old and twenty month old who have recently ...

Japecho

dad uncomfortable with bathing

My DP, yesterday said that he has stopped our 7 yo DD having a bath with her sister 17 months bec...

battynat

Child friendly restaurants in Auckland?

Apologies if this topic has already been covered somewhere else, I'm new to this but does anyone ...

angeldaisy

how to teach tying shoelaces

Any great ideas about how to teach my son to tie his shoelaces. I thought he had it, but now he ...

6/5/06

Separation anxiety

I have a 3 and half year old daughter who has been bitten by another child at childcare since th...

ajna

Worried about my DD at school.

My DD goes to prep school. She went back today from Holidays. She didn't want to go. I feel she...

1 reply

have you tried speaking to her teacher to see if she gets along with any of the kids in her class and if she does maybe seeing if sh...

2BBusy

LAZY!!!!!

Hi to anyone that may have any ideas!!! My eldest son is so lazy at home!!! He always does as he...

3 replies

i feel your pain!! lol my son is 9 & driving me crazy....he's great at school & other peoples houses, but at home O.M.G. he wont do ...

darkel1

Whooping cough and siblings

My 4 month old daughter has been diagnosed with whooping cough today after over 1 week of coughin...

Now-There-Are-Three

Can you recommend a website for parenting older kids?

As the question says......I have a 7 yr old DD who is giving me heaps at the moment. She is norma...

1 reply

I too am having the same problem, i have a DS7, DD5, & DD20 months. My son is just being so naughty lately, he always has to have th...

KB4F40

The neew baby present for our three year old daughter

Hi there We are exoecting baby number two at the end of October and i need some ideas on what w...

2 replies

We got our 3 year old a My Little Pony Baloon House - went down a treat and 9 months later still a favourite.

makabu

How long will this go one for

Hello everyone, I've had my baby girl nearly a month ago and DS (13 months) was a bit unsure whe...

2 replies

Thank you so much for your advice. DS isn't so bad now that he's feeling better and back to himself again. We've discovered he alway...

joroy

visitation

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just wondered if you good members could give me some advice that I cou...

1 reply

I'd suggest they all go for family counselling and sort through the issues everyone is having, particularly the Mum and wife. It's n...

.:Katie:.

How did your children react

to the new baby? My DF has an 8yr old from a previous relationship and then we have a 20month ol...

1 reply

do people usually coo over the younger two? your daughter may be so used to it by now that shes not interested in what theyre saying...

When your little baby grows up........

On the 4th of march, nearly 14 years ago I had my first baby.... she's not my baby anymore and I ...

11 replies

My daughter actually asked me for make up the other week. I know she's 14 but does she really need makeup JUST because she's 14?? lo...

Now-There-Are-Three

Can you recommend a body book?

My DD is starting to ask detailed questions about how her body works. It's something we talk abou...

1 reply

"Just for Girls" written by Sarah Delmege. It is a great book i just bought for my DD who is 10. It names body parts and goes throug...

WA_countrymama

"The talk"

Ok everyone i need to know at what age would you give your kids the talk. I have a 8 year old DD ...

11 replies

Hi there. My DD is now 10 years old and i recently went out to a bookstore and bought her a book that explains all of the body parts...

bangus75

5 year old scared of choking.

Hi, My 5 year old DD is scared of choking when she eats. This has been going on for nearly 2 we...

3 replies

Hi Silvie, Thanks for your response. DH and I think it is anxiety, she tends to be an axious child and we were also. We are still...

missymoo3

breaking the news!

Does anyone have an idea or special way to tell our older children 5 and 9 were having another ba...