Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

Ashkeating

5 yo having accidents

Hey, We are just about to have our 2nd bub, due today actually, but my 5 yo, who is in prep this ...

1 reply

Hey, We are just about to have our 2nd bub, due today actually, but my 5 yo, who is in prep this year, has just started having acci...

Anitaframe

3rd child

i am due to have our 3rd child in bout 10 weeks.. and the past few weeks i have noticed that my d...

5 replies

I have a similar concern - im having my 4th in six weeks. My first two were 20mths apart so there was no problem and when I had my ...

Fighting Siblings...

As I said...I know its normal for brothers and sisters to fight, but this is alllll the time, abo...

3 replies

It's good to hear that other parents have the same problems. My two girls fight non-stop. I collect very moody 6 year old (has been ...

Pre-school question

DS will be starting pre-school next year (where has my baby gone!) and we will have to start putt...

5 replies

Thank you both for the replies. I am leaning towards either the 2 or 3 days as I think 5 is too much (IMO). FRUCHOC, do you mind...

4.5 yr old with attitude plus

Ok need some advice or something my 4.5 yr old keeps claiming his a super hero he is walking arou...

5 replies

I have two little boys who love everything superheroes lol I actually don't think a love of superheroes has to be a bad thing ... m...

jumbo

Early entry to prep in QLD?

Hi Has anyone had any success with getting their child into prep the year earlier than they are...

3 replies

Ok just my opinion ... My DS1 is July 11, so I was same boat as you ... However I was stoked he was going to be the oldest. I woul...

darwin mummy

where do babys come from ??

I was just wondering what other parents told their older children, how do you get babies?? Im pre...

8 replies

We intend to be completely honest & open with DS about anything he asks or we feel it is time for him to know. He has known the par...

zozosarah

teacher said my son is tired at school

ok so i went and picked my 4 eyar old son up from pre kindy today and the teacher said to me that...

26 replies

awww try not to take it personally ... Can your DS get a rest at kindy? My DS1 has always been one to cope without a day sleep ... ...

vkw

school kids

just curious because a friends mum had a a bit of a go at me for not driving brad to hi...

18 replies

Is she volunteering to take the children to school for you?? If not, then her opinion should not count! You cannot be in 2 places a...

Mums with kids who have just started school

How are your kids coping with starting school? My DD started on Monday and has 2 good days and 2...

4 replies

My DS1 started full time last Wednesday too, hes in Pre Primary, he loves school but i am starting to see that he is getting tired. ...

Izaak*and*Kyans*Mum

How can i teach my 4 1/2yr old DS to...

So, for the past 4ish weeks DS1 has been having some shocking outbursts in his behaviour, if he g...

4 replies

So, for the past 4ish weeks DS1 has been having some shocking outbursts in his behaviour, if he gets his mind set on something (for...

Mummy579

My 5.5 yr old has a meltdown

My 5.5 yr old is a really routine child... has been since he was born. Whenever we take him to a ...

3 replies

Hi unfortunately I don't really have any suggestions, but was wondering about a few things. My year old DD sometimes melts down, bu...

Meandyou87

school issue, your opinion is needed!

My DD started Pre Primary this year, she did kindy last year and took her nearly the whole year t...

4 replies

In all honesty I think its crazy to have a kindy/PP split as the kindy kids are only part time. Why not a PP/1 split. The constant...

*Princess Ladybug*

6 yr old not wanting to sleep in her own room

last few nights we have had our dd in our bed and its driving me nuts, she is complaining of bein...

2 replies

last few nights we have had our dd in our bed and its driving me nuts, she is complaining of being lonely,she is upset that i have ...

4littleangels

just wish I could just give up

My 10 yr old was diagnosed with ADHD, long story short, years ago he was put onto medication, bas...

12 replies

maybe instead of just saying to your partner that he is too young to mow the lawns, you could suggest a few chores you feel he can d...

**one-little-man**

lifes so unfair

lifes so unfair, 5 years ago DP was in a relationship with someone (they were on and off for a lo...

3 replies

shows her level of maturity huh?! It annoys me that shes bringing MORE innocent babies into the world! She will be shocked one day ...

JackRubeHarry's Mum

bright kids

Okay, so my DS is 5 and I just had his end of year interview with his teacher this morning. If an...

9 replies

Swimming lessons are great for getting them to think about how their body works I got my son into Karate which he loves and is gett...

Chawee

Guilt

I am 36 weeks pregnant and I have a son who is a few months over 2 and at the moment I'm starting...

3 replies

Oh honey...I went through the exact same feelings when I was pregnant with DS2. My son is also two and a bit! In the last few weeks ...

*Fiction*

kiddies sharing rooms

Hi All , Was thinking today if maybe DS and bubba should share a room or not. I was always goin...

9 replies

Hi, Our DD's (nearly 4yrs, and 5 yrs) share a room. They LOVE it! Used to sleep in seperate rooms, but we always found our younge...

mumma08

6yr old started pooing pants again...what the ???

i have no idea why this has started, she tells me she doesn't knows she doing it. she does it at ...

4 replies

i have no idea why this has started, she tells me she doesn't knows she doing it. she does it at school, at home and at friends. an...

myperfect2+1

To tell him or not?

I know this thread has been around recently! But still not sure what to do? DS1 is due for his ne...

4 replies

I would definatly tell them, I told my daughter that she was going ot get an injection and it was going to hurt but only for a littl...

*mummi*

What should a he be able to do?!

[font="Palatino Linotype"][size="3"][color="#800080"]Just curious as to what my DS1 should be abl...

15 replies

That's a pretty impressive list for a 3 yr old!! ds1 has only been able to write and recognise the letters of the alphabet since t...

chalys 'n' J

What would you do if you found

Would you read it? Just wanting to know what others think of this as I don't have a teenage daug...

31 replies

Sorry, double post!

tinky winky

dealing with mega meltdowns

I am so over my 5yr olds mega meltdowns and find them really hard to deal with, we dont smack and...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
^Mumto2Ts^

quick questions

Are all public kindergartens’ accredited? Meaning, do they meet the necessary requirements to be...

13 replies

Kerriej is on the mark. Im a early childhood teacher in SA and what you descibed as the kindy routine is pretty much every kindy i...

Babybabybabybaby

6yrs and still wears a nappy through the night

Hi all My nearly 6 year old is dry during the day, however at night he still wears a nappy. We h...

18 replies

When I was buying my car, the finance lady was telling me all about her son and how he had this problem and what she did. Apparentl...

what does the tooth fairy do in your house?

Lol my DD is few yrs off the tooth fairy stage, but my sister was staying at my place one night a...

15 replies

Hi all DS1 who's 5y was asking the other day what the tooth fairy does as a child in his class lost a tooth and the tooth fairy too...

1Princess+1Prince

Bike for a 4yr old girl

DD's 4th birthday is coming up and we thinking of getting her a bike. What size did you get your ...

6 replies

DD's 4th birthday is coming up and we thinking of getting her a bike. What size did you get your 4yr old and can you get girls bike...

devnicky

discussing private parts with 5yr old daughter

hi, my 5yr old daughter has just started asking questions and becoming fascinated with her privat...

7 replies

we only have boys and they know penis etc but always say doodle, willy etc but to me vagina is not really the ' correct' ...

cutiepiebabies

tired or lazy??

I am tired all the time. My daughter is 10 weeks old and not quite sleeping through the night.I d...

2 replies

Totally sounds familiar! My friends and I call it 'the fog' that you are in after you have a baby. Your body needs to recooperate,...

How old was your child when they wanted privacy???

DD1 is 4.5 and is now asking to shower alone (she is fine with me or DH washing her hair and that...

8 replies

DS is almost 5.5, and he is only just starting to show signs of wanting privacy - he now shuts the toilet door when he's going, and ...

TH5B65

School readiness for 4 yr old

I have researched and 'googled' my little heart out but want to see if anyone has some advice or ...

7 replies

I'm in a similar situation. My boy turns 4 in Feb and I was torn as to whether to send him to 3 or 4 year old kinder. Everyone I spo...

joannamarie

thoughts about homeschooling?

hi mums and dads, Im just wondering if anyone is doing homeschooling for their bubs? Im thinking...

14 replies

My SIL has home schooled her brood of 9. Some have now gone to school because she is obviously not equipped to teach such a large...

Help#4

HELP!!!!!

My 8yo DD asked me today how to men make babies in ladies bellies...I told her special cuddles. S...

14 replies

Thanks ladies. I've been looking for the book "Where did I come from" but it is proving hard to find in the book stores. I think I ...

Grubbles

Bedtime Routine for Different ages?

Hi, I have a 3 year old, 2 year old and a 10 month old and a bub on the way. I also have a husb...

5 replies

I have 4 kids 11 years, 8 years, 6 1/2 years and a 2 yo. My kids have dinner between 4.30 and 5.30. They usually have what dh and i...

cherezel79

a ? for mums with older girls

when they were 4 did they cry, whinge, moan, talk back, fight over anything and everything????? m...

14 replies

I hate to break this to you, but they just get worse! I used to love my DD's, now they are teens they fight, argue, swear and will n...

Crazybundy66

5yr old hurting 21 month yr old

i have 3 kids. 5yr old boy, 21 month yr old boy and 9 month old girl. my 5 year old just wont sto...

Naeclaire

bottle feeding

hey iv'e heard that your breasts hurt until the milk dries up, how can i get prepared for this? w...

3 replies

My breasts didn't hurt too much, they were just a little tender and large. I kept wearing my maternity/feeding bras for some time an...

rissy84

4 yr old with poor concentration.

Hi I was wondering if anyone has a child with poor concentration and if they grow out of it or wh...

4littleangels

Late for school

I have 3 kids at school and I am struggling to get them there on time. They dont seem to care if ...

18 replies

Totally agree with chloejane1. Im also a teacher and it is soooo frustrating having those late comers. We dont punish the children...