Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

Cindy B

"No Braces" option

Hi, we have a DS who has just turned 7. He lost both of his bottom front teeth in since Xmas and...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
jazool

who else has talked to their older kids

well, I knew this day would come, and it still took me by surprise!! After brushing teeth an...

6 replies

My son is 10 and I haven't had that talk with him. I am very keen to get him a book... does anyone have any recommendations?

knockonwood

First day of school

I'm sure this topic has already been done, but I've now said goodbye to my eldest at school for t...

4 replies

DD1 started end Jan (QLD) and is loving it! Although I think the reality of 5 days a week is starting to sink in and she is very t...

jazool

DD1 is turning 5

any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I honestly cant think of anything to get her .... Sou...

12 replies

I'm getting my boy who turns 5 on the 9th, rollerblades, the #5 numberjack toy, and a new game for his DS thingy. I am being very la...

knockonwood

When to kids need tetanus needle?

Is it only if they hurt themselves or should they get it a certain age anyway? Just asking cause...

1 reply

im in qld so im not sure if all states are the same but they get one at 4 and then the next is at 13 (unless the hurt themselves aft...

mamaluv

10yr old that literally yells when he gets hurt

Ok so here i go. My 10year old son has a really low tolerance for pain. For example he bumped hi...

2 replies

It's called being male! I would just underplay what has happened and walk off. I find with kids that the louder they cry the less ...

knockonwood

Dyslexia - signs of?

My DD is 5 and starting school next month. Have just noticed lately that a few times she has wri...

5 replies

Thank you so much ladies for easing my mind. I was hoping it was nothing, but you know what it's like, if something niggles in you...

First periods

My 9yo daughter came to me on Monday and told me she was bleeding. I can't believe she has her pe...

2 replies

Wow, what a surprise that must have been for you - I would never have thought girls could get it that early! I too got mine at 14, ...

My dd is too skinny and frail looking :(

Hi. My dd who's 6(one of the twins) is looking too skinny and frail. She was only 1.9kg at birth(...

5 replies

my son has cvs and doesn't enjoy food either, trick is little and often, talk to teachers at school so they see her actually eat...

KylieJ28

Lonely Child with few friends

Help! For the last half an hour I have watched DD, age 5 next week, crying her eyes out because s...

5 replies

Hi I agree with Rosies Mum about ASD. My son has always struggled with friendships, and he has Aspergers. Maybe try to chat with her...

vkw

I am shattered

Last night we got a phonecall from the keyboard teacher who used to teach the kids ...

10 replies

I agree with someone above, if his behaviour has been impeccable to now I wouldn't worry so much but look to perhaps something else...

gypsy kylz

help!! new bub in the house

need some tips with managing 2 toddlers that have begun severely playing up since we bought baby ...

1 reply

Hi, I have a few ideas, I’ll just list them. • If mealtimes are an issue, get them involved? I know it is hard with a new baby but...

KylieJ28

Behavioural Problems

HI. DD is nearly 5 & since the age of approx 18 months she has been a difficult child. Growing up...

6 replies

For Example, to me, it seems as though there is -lack of self control -extremely impulsive behaviour -frustration/anger (on her ...

What should I do with DS1?

It must be hard to deal with and even harder for him to be feeling like that. You might already, ...

2 replies

If he's not having any trouble at school, he must be doing pretty well, and I wouldn't worry too much. While he might not be on the ...

gypsy kylz

siblings with same b'day

hi ladies, my #3 bub is due in 4 weeks on the 1st of nov but i went a bit over with my first 2 so...

5 replies

Having twins (and brand new triplets now!) means that my kids have to share a b'day. To make matters worse, they're fraternal, one b...

Children with a high IQ

Does anyone here have a child with a high IQ? I really need to talk to someone that has experienc...

10 replies

not sure about IQ but ds1 is definately talented/gifted.He is like the nutty professor, clever in many areas but neve...

vkw

student led reporting

this afternoon I am going to the school for a parent/child interview, not parent/teacher in...

8 replies

At DDs school they do basically the same as Ryjayd, report card every 6 months, child parent teacher interviews where they expect y...

kelbel3

Don't know what to do???

Hi, I'm laying in the spare bed of my sons room at 3am trying to keep the peace. My DS is 7 and k...

8 replies

Well what a night... Yawn! Things started out really well he went off to sleep perfectly. Woke at 2am sat with him until he settled ...

*Waratah*

Aching legs

My 5 almost 6 year old has been complaining a lot lately of sore legs I put it down to growing p...

1 reply

My 5 almost 6 year old has been complaining a lot lately of sore legs I put it down to growing pains. It wasn't till y'day when he...

Lottie_nz

Age gaps between children

Hi to all of you that have 3 kiddies within a close age gap. I currently have 2 x DS's there's 1...

1 reply

Hi, I had my 1st 2 kids 12 months appart then my 3rd 2 and a half years later, so 3 in 3 and a half years. I found that having 3 was...

e_gremer

How long till my 6yo's new front teeth come in???

My 6yo lost his two front teeth at the start of the year... He is now loosing his bottom two and ...

3 replies

some teeth take along time to come threw anywhere from a few weeks to 2 years. although if it dosn't come threw i suggest getting an...

Cindy B

Is our 6 year old bright or average?

Hi, we have a 6 year old DS who started Kinder this year (we are in NSW). Ever since he was a ba...

6 replies

I no how you feel, the seven year old i look after is so smart ( i to am not boasting) and is not getting stimulated enough at schoo...

..Chloe..

Pocket Money Help

My son who is almost 9 does these things everyday around the house.... 1. Picks up dog poo off th...

16 replies

I would pay $5 for just picking up the dog poo I really hate that job!! I'd go by what you can afford. $5 is still a really good...

..Chloe..

What age is appropriate?

My ex has bought my 4 year old (5) in Jan an ipod for christmas. I think she is way to young and ...

12 replies

i dont see that it would be too much of an issue, if he is playing games on it there are some amazing educational games on there for...

jackie1984

house work??

our kids are 2,4,6 and they help with putting the dishes away every night, make there beds and cl...

2 replies

our kids are 2,4,6 and they help with putting the dishes away every night, make there beds and clean their room does any one else h...

vkw

older kids

my kids have been swimming since they were babies.I am a bit over the formal swim...

4 replies

Hi! I have qualifications and work experience through all levels of the sport, from baby aquatics to elite coaching. And swim club...

Really need some help =(

My Ds has just turned 5 and is generally quite a sensitive little boy, but can easily control his...

4 replies

if he's settling ok once at school then keep sending him my kids have been to kindy since they were 18mnths (youngest now 5) and sh...

help please!

Take him for a second opinion! I have no experience with what your describing but I have defiantl...

3 replies

Speaking of the cream- when I was pregnant I had awful pain in my hips and legs, my doctor told me it was my body changing. It was o...

kelbel3

Nightmares..

My 7yo DS is having trouble with nightmares and getting back to sleep at night. We have tried ca...

2 replies

Hi JennaJ, I also suffered from terrible nightmares as a child and I think that is why I really feel for him as I know how scared it...

*Fruchoc*

What do I do?

Long story short..... dropped DD at school this morning, she was fine. Had a phone call from the ...

28 replies

i was best friends all through school with someone who was extreamly competitive - but i've only realised it looking back. I remem...

97nc

homeschooling

I know it's early days yet, but I am seriously considering homeschooling my two children. Has ...

75 replies

We have the same system here for primary schools, different areas have to use different schools BUT you can apply for your child to...

kerriej

Home Schooling

Hi! I am thinking of homeschooling my DD1, who is nearly 8 years old. She enjoys school, but ha...

16 replies

Hi, just noticed your post. We homeschool-only started Preschool this year though and next year i will be teaching Kindy, Pre and h...

*Waratah*

Tug tug tug on the heart strings :(

Do your kids do this to you? How do you handle it? Ds1 (7) returned to school this week after ho...

11 replies

Good news! Have been following your other posts too about dyslexia, so hope that the new multi-disciplined plan will help him out ...

Adopting own your own

hi I am Amelia. I have a baby girl (18/07/11) and two boys Jack and Charlie(Adopted born 15/12/2...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
*Waratah*

Report cards

How do you approach going through report cards with your school age kids?? DS1 got his first rep...

8 replies

I dont agree with windmill at all in saying that you should discuss his report card properly & discuss the academics - he would al...

Athaye

Parent/Teacher Interviews

As the topic title and decsription says, I have DS interview this afternoon and just want to know...

3 replies

We've never taken ours & never been requested that we take it. I just make sure i am very clear with any questions that i may want ...

kerriej

Opinions please!

I was just wondering what people's opinions are of biting at school, and what the consequences sh...

16 replies

When my son was hurt at school by another child the assistant principal spoke with me about what happened and informed me he would g...

mummytwoboys

Mealtimes

Im hoping someone might have some advice or suggestions on mealtimes with two small children. My ...

3 replies

Thanks so much guys, you've given me some great suggestions! I had previously considered setting a time limit for them but had talk...

mumwithapair

Second time round

Hi, I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my second child. I currently have a 13month old and I am wondering...

4 replies

I took my eldest to the hospital with me, thinking it was going to be a false alarm. I had a short labour also, but thankfully it w...

Pocket Money

Our eldest (10) has a job chart. He has 3 jobs to do of a morn and he recieves 50c a job. He rare...

3 replies

We have something similar, but each job isn't necessarily worth the same amount. We live on a farm and if DS1 helps out on farm (op...