Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

Mama 2 Princesses

vkw - I need your expertise in fund raising..

Hi, how are you?? I really want to do a pie drive to raise funds for my DD's Preschool. Have you ...

2 replies

hello!we are well our P&C did a pie drive but I did not organise it our p &c prsident did it. there is a l...

vkw

SHARING course at school

has anyone else's kids been to a "sharing" course for talented & gifted children?my...

1 reply

Hi, I am a primary school teacher and it sounds like a fantastic opportunity for your son. I'm not sure why it is called a sharing ...

Jack&Amber''s_mum

My poor little darlings...

hello, i'm not sure how to write this, or if it will even make sense, but here goes.. I have a g...

8 replies

Wow, reading your post made my heart thud. I felt EXACTLY the same way while pregnant with my second. I had forgotten just how str...

Grubbles

Toddler Entertainment with a Newborn Around HELP!

I have an active 17 month old and a 8 week old, does anybody have any ideas how to keep toddler e...

2 replies

I too have a 16mth old and a 3 1/2 week old. When feeding I find singing nursery ryhmes to my toddler helpful or if she's in a mood ...

Brooke, SA

singing nursery rymes

I too have a 16mth old and a 3 1/2 week old. When feeding I find singing nursery ryhmes to my tod...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
mother goose

Getting her to practice

My DD1 plays the Cello through school. We have been luck enough to hire the cello for the last tw...

vkw

how many older kids have a teddy etc at bed time?

my middle son who will be 6 in oct does as does my youngest (5 in nov.) and often...

8 replies

Im 19 and i still sleep with a stuffed toy elephant called Tuska that i've had forever... i dont cuddle it, but its always there. br...

Sarah22

Im on the edge.. i cant take it anymore

Ok i need to vent... my husband has a child with his X. now i have loved this child like my own ...

19 replies

Hi Sarah, I am in a similar situation, my hubby has a son from his first marriage and we are expecting our first bub in a few weeks...

Mandy1982

My problems with my 4 year old...

I have a few questions about my 4,almost 5 year old, I want to try and resolve before bub number ...

1 reply

hi ther i hear ya my son is and still is exactley the same way hes 10 going on 11 and still hates outside and we did what you did on...

julez

HELP!! - Melbourne Parents whose daughter started School as a 4 year old

Not in Melb, but I started my son @ 4 - he was 5 end of March. I do regret it...it was too early...

4 replies

This post was moved from the General Forum.

vkw

worms

after some of our family showing some symptoms of worms(me included) of worms.I ga...

2 replies

I would doubt he could feel them they are tiny just like a tiny pice of thread! but my son thought they were earth...

aghery

Kids too small for adult seatbelts

Post deleted by administrator.

9 replies

The safe n sound one is about $50. There are cheaper ones around but the advantage the safe n sound one has is that it has 2 heights...

sp1r1t_of_3

good and bad of it

HI there, I have a new 8week girl and two boys, ages 15/12. With a new babe keeping me busy, I...

2 replies

Hello sp1r1t of 3, I have a 13yr old, a 2yr old and a 6mth old. I do enjoy having the older one, I find he keeps in the "know" and...

zhara_&_tia'smum

Introducing sisters to sharing a room

Hi all, Just after people's thoughts on how to go about getting our girls used to sharing a room....

2 replies

We had to put our DS 2yrs and DD 6mths in the same room. We put the cot up 2mths before we put her in there and we let him screw th...

Ali1975

Some advice please..

11 yr old DS is going to High school next year. He is not my DH child, but he loves him like his ...

13 replies

This post was moved from another forum. Huggies Forum Moderator

s&r mum

how many days per week at day care for a 4yr old.

morning ladies my 4yr old son who will be 5 next jan and off to prepschool next yr currently goes...

6 replies

Hi Shell, I have a 4 year old DD who sounds exactly like your son. Loves to being something all the time or is very bored. Currentl...

WA_countrymama

The step daughter wants to visit....... :(

Hey mums, Brett's daughter wants to come back over!! I posted a topic two years ago regarding t...

12 replies

I feel for you. I believe you make life what you want it to be. You only get one life, so be happy. If this girl is causing you d...

sarah&andrew

Mirena Removal

Does anybody know the time of your cycle that you should have Mirena removed? My hubby and I want...

4 replies

It can be removed at any time. My friend just had hers removed and she said it doesnt hurt at all to get it removed..

c_lubeck

Bratz dolls

Hello everyone. I have a 4 year old daugther Chelsie who loves the bratz. I tried keeping her aw...

7 replies

I am in essence anti - Bratz, but DD (7) was given 1 for her birthday and loves it. The mum who bought it for her asked me before m...

Neens1

How to teach a 5 year old to tie show laces.

In 2 weeks time my first child starts school. Any tips on how to teach him to tie shoe laces?

6 replies

While studying to be a pre-school teacher we were told when teaching a child to tie shoe laces- If you are right handed and the chil...

WA_countrymama

Should they contribute towrds the food bill??

Hi everyone, I may sound like a wicked step mother BUT my DP has suggested this also. Last night...

5 replies

Hey Nic, i think you really need to set some rules for these boys, dont let them walk over you and expect that you'll just clean u...

JACS99

4yo "baby"

Hi all, my DS#1 has recently turned four. We had a second DS at the beginning of this year. Re...

7 replies

Hi jackie, well when i read your post i thought you where talking about my family i'm in exactly the same situation. My DD is 4 sept...

Mama 2 Princesses

Nasty Step-Parents!!!

My Mother and Step-Father broke up some 3-4 years ago when my Mother found out that her hubby (go...

5 replies

hi your brother might be acting out now to your mum but when he grows up he will know who was there for him. to me his father sounds...

Sacha D

Lovely birthday text for my son

I just want to thank my oldest sons half brothers mother for a birthday text to my son today. My ...

LO2748

3.5 year old and food obsession - PLEASE I NEED SUPPORT

Hi to all. To cut a long story short I have a 3.5 year old dd and she wants to eat all the time ...

1 reply

hey, your daughter may be going through a growth spurt. my son turned 2 in april and is 96.5cms and 16.3kg's. try not to make to m...

choccie mmm

What to do for 2nd baby...

Hi I think it depends on your child. When my DS was born DD was 26mths old. We started her in he...

11 replies

Hi everyone I have a 20 month old daughter named Kimberley and I am 3 weeks away from giving birth to our second child. In regards ...

sharebear

Middle child thing

I HAVE AN EIGHT MONTH OLD A THREE YEAR OLD AND A SEVEN YEAR OLD. WE HAVE JUST MOVED TO A NEW TOW...

5 replies

Whow this sounds all too familiar for myself also, I have a 6yr old, 3yr old and 7mth old and we are having a terrible time with our...

sport and activities for 3-6yo

this is something i have been talking to a few people in town about the moment, what sports and a...

7 replies

I have just started my 4 year old son in Tae Kwon Do! So far so good. I think he thinks he is like the Ninja Turtles! Also swimmin...

Jasmine29

Stepson and new baby

Hi, I am so glad I have found somewhere to vent about this stuff! Well I have a 14yr old stepson ...

6 replies

Teenagers are a breed of their own. I have a friend with a teenage boy (15) and he communicates by grunting....yes he can speak. ...

kpmumof4

Aspergers & Autism how did you know something was wrong.

My now 7 year old son was diaginosed with aspergers syndrome at the age of 2.5yrs old. He was not...

5 replies

My son has just turned 4 and was diagnosed with ASD 2 months before he turned 2.He wasn't saying words and just babbled a lot.By the...

aching legs

My 5 year old boy has started to wake up with aching legs. I wondering if anyone knows why this i...

4 replies

My DD12 also had aching legs when she was about 7 - 8. I also got told it was growing pains. I used to massage her legs and give her...

buglivyem7

Every night there's a fight......Guaranteed!

Hey all, I have adaughter who turns 5 in May and every night I cook dinner there is a fight. I ...

14 replies

Hi there Sarah, If I am making Spaghetti Bolognaise for example, I will make a golden mash consisting of sweet potato, carrot, pumpk...

mummyto4boys

need advice - desperate!!

Hi, I have a 4yr old boy and a 7mth old boy and at the moment my oldest is not sleeping, He comes...

8 replies

Hi . I have a 4yo and a 19mth old and went thru the same thing . part of it is insecurity - knowing you are still there for them and...

mel76

soiling

my 7 year old daughter soils her underpants at school & home (mainly at home even when we go out)...

2 replies

hi jm, my daughter has all medical tests done. she's even been in hospital to have her bowel tested etc. Maybe i need to give her me...

mummylovesya

2y old & 4y old fighting

Hi, I have a 4 year old boy, & a 2 year old girl. Having them close in age was great at first c...

3 replies

HI, ive got a 1.5 yr old dd and a 3.5yr old ds, and they fight like there is no tomorrow!! I too am constantly yellinmg and We are ...

kpmumof4

Re:Trying to concieve- will have a 3-4 yr age gap

My daughter is 11yrs and my son is 7yrs, there is a 4 yr age gap between them, I find they get on...

1 reply

I have two older girls 10 and 9, with only a 13mth gap. They have always fought a bit but the last couple of months it has gotten al...

Combined families

Hi, my partner and i just had a 2month old boy. He already has a 7year daughter and his ex's 8 yr...

Mumma of 4 to be

Over caring older sibling

i have a 4year old daughter and 9 week old son. I am having promblems with my daughter, i've caug...

5 replies

hi i have a 5 year old and 3 year old that try and help me with my 7 month old they have been like it since my 7 month old was born....

Laylah

eye poker

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and how to deal with it? My almost two ye...

5 year old and fine motor skills

My 5 year old has been at school since October and he is really struggling with his fine motor sk...

4 replies

Update: he's been improving and still sometimes uses his left hand, sometimes his right. However, his left arm is now in a cast wi...