Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Older Siblings
  5. 10yr old that literally yells when he gets hurt

10yr old that literally yells when he gets hurt Rss

Ok so here i go.

My 10year old son has a really low tolerance for pain. For example he bumped his arm on bench while drying dishes and you would have thought his arm had broke. Another example would be his younger threw a blanket at him that hit him in face and the level of his cry was unbelievable, I ran to the room to see what had happened expecting to see blood but when the story of events had been told I was surprised that he had reacted that way. This can't be normal because my 9yr old it takes a lot for him to scream out like that.
Any ideas people?

Ok so here i go.

My 10year old son has a really low tolerance for pain. For example he bumped his arm on bench while drying dishes and you would have thought his arm had broke. Another example would be his younger threw a blanket at him that hit him in face and the level of his cry was unbelievable, I ran to the room to see what had happened expecting to see blood but when the story of events had been told I was surprised that he had reacted that way. This can't be normal because my 9yr old it takes a lot for him to scream out like that.
Any ideas people?

I have a DD that suffers from this condition... it is called 'one who is prone to over-reacting' or 'an extrovert' for short wink

I live in hope that she grows out of this stage soon

disclaimer: This is in no way meant to came across as mean or hurtful.
I have edited after I realised that you may have a serious condition to deal with... if you are worried see a doctor smile

http://decadent-delights1.webnode.com/blog/
My blog, take a peek into my world

It's called being male! laugh

I would just underplay what has happened and walk off. I find with kids that the louder they cry the less they are hurt. I have noticed that parents that make a dash for their kids the minute they fall over or the minute the kid squeaks are the ones that have the loudest kids when they cry (Not saying that's what you do, just generalising).

My dd gets no reaction out of me for anything like that... she now just picks herself up without a fuss and gets on with it. She fell over the other day on a gravel slope, skun her knees hands and some toes - she just had a quiet little tear run down her face as she brushed herself off and kept on walking. (I felt guilty over that one, but was proud of her all the same!!!)

Sign in to follow this topic