Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Dyslexia - signs of? Rss

My DD is 5 and starting school next month. Have just noticed lately that a few times she has written a couple of letters within a word around the wrong way. Should I be concerned or is this quite common and just cause she doesn't write that much yet?
Letter reversals are very common up until about age 8 smile
I agree with PP, she hasn't even started school yet so don't worry. The first year is very focussed on letters and numbers.

My DD is 5 and starting school next month. Have just noticed lately that a few times she has written a couple of letters within a word around the wrong way. Should I be concerned or is this quite common and just cause she doesn't write that much yet?

very common!
Both my DS and DD1 have also at various stage written backwards (eg right to left) but these things get worked out.

good luck for your DD's adventure at school!

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Thank you so much ladies for easing my mind. I was hoping it was nothing, but you know what it's like, if something niggles in your brain you need to check it out so you don't kick yourself for not doing so later down the track!!

Thank you so much ladies for easing my mind. I was hoping it was nothing, but you know what it's like, if something niggles in your brain you need to check it out so you don't kick yourself for not doing so later down the track!!

Absolutely - part of being a mum I think... smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic