Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Children with a high IQ Rss

Does anyone here have a child with a high IQ? I really need to talk to someone that has experience with this and dont really know where to go. Thanks!
Don't know yet, they're too young smile
I have a husband with a high IQ though. What did you want to know?
Yes I have 2 children who have been tested as being Profoundly Gifted. They can only estimate their IQ's as they score off the charts on a normal Mensa Test. Both my DH and I also have high IQ's. I am more than happy to help you any way that I can. What is it you would like to know? You can PM me if you like also...
Hi,
Unfortunately children with a high IQ can sometimes struggle deeply in other areas which is happening with my DS. Just wanted to chat to someone that had experience in this area. Have seen a child's phycologist but its always nice to talk to someone that is actually dealing with the same thing iykwim.
Yes it is a double edged sword isn't it. We had a lot of trouble with my DS earlier this year as my Father passed away from Cancer. My DS was VERY close to his Grandpa. I will PM you my private email address as I check that all the time. Please feel free to chat about anything you need to, I know where you are coming from...

Yes I have 2 children who have been tested as being Profoundly Gifted. They can only estimate their IQ's as they score off the charts on a normal Mensa Test. Both my DH and I also have high IQ's. I am more than happy to help you any way that I can. What is it you would like to know? You can PM me if you like also...

Thanks for your reply smile My pm function isn't working. How old are your children? Do your children have other areas in which they struggle? You can pm me with your reply if you like, i just won't be able to reply via pm.

Yes it is a double edged sword isn't it. We had a lot of trouble with my DS earlier this year as my Father passed away from Cancer. My DS was VERY close to his Grandpa. I will PM you my private email address as I check that all the time. Please feel free to chat about anything you need to, I know where you are coming from...

Thankyou so much that would be fantastic smile

I'm sorry to hear about your father sad
My PM won't work either. It is so annoying! If you are online right now I can reply with my email address and then delete it. Just let me know if you are there!
I have found another way of sending you a message. I hope that you get it. You should then be able to reply to it or just send me an email via the one I have given you.

Does anyone here have a child with a high IQ? I really need to talk to someone that has experience with this and dont really know where to go. Thanks!

not sure about IQ but ds1 is definately talented/gifted.He is like the nutty professor, clever in many areas but never listens and has not much commonsense lol.The tests that he has done e.g the one to get into his current school/class are a bit like the IQ ones and he blitzed them.I looked at the practice ones and did not know many of the answers let alone how to work them out!

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

not sure about IQ but ds1 is definately talented/gifted.He is like the nutty professor, clever in many areas but never listens and has not much commonsense lol.The tests that he has done e.g the one to get into his current school/class are a bit like the IQ ones and he blitzed them.I looked at the practice ones and did not know many of the answers let alone how to work them out!

My DD's are Talented/gifted. And yes when it comes to common stuff around house their brain goes ot the window. My mother said I was the same.
We had seen a child psychologist for them as DD#2 has the tendensy to get upset adgitated when she can't fit 5 sentences into the 1 line provided. She is way off the chart. Academic wise I have 4 high IQ children who challenge each other around the house or they get bored easy. more like challenging book or puzzle books.
At school my dd#2 gets upset when the kids say to her you shouldnt get it wrong E you are so smart. She says no one is perfect an dI just want to be normal. It breaks my heart to hear her say it.

Sign in to follow this topic