Huggies Forum

5 yo having accidents Rss

Hey,
We are just about to have our 2nd bub, due today actually, but my 5 yo, who is in prep this year, has just started having accidents in her knickers for the last 5 days. Only with poo. We've never had any problems with her toilet training.I ask her why, and she knows it's wrong yet it doesn't seem to bother her, and her reply is, "I was busting." We are always at home when it happens, and I'm getting frustrated. Continually reminding her to go to the toilet as I thought it was just a lazy thing, but now I'm beiginning to wonder if maybe it's a nervous thing?? She seems genuinely excited about the baby and I've involved her with every step. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this, as I'm getting a little worried, if not I guess I'll have to take her to the doctors.

Hey,
We are just about to have our 2nd bub, due today actually, but my 5 yo, who is in prep this year, has just started having accidents in her knickers for the last 5 days. Only with poo. We've never had any problems with her toilet training.I ask her why, and she knows it's wrong yet it doesn't seem to bother her, and her reply is, "I was busting." We are always at home when it happens, and I'm getting frustrated. Continually reminding her to go to the toilet as I thought it was just a lazy thing, but now I'm beiginning to wonder if maybe it's a nervous thing?? She seems genuinely excited about the baby and I've involved her with every step. Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this, as I'm getting a little worried, if not I guess I'll have to take her to the doctors.

Sometimes kids get sidetracked doing something they enjoy and it's too late before they realised. Is it possible that is happening? Although it does seem unlikely given it's only just started. My 7 year old was doing the same thing at school recently, turns out if she went to the toilet at lunchtime when she came back the other kids wouldn't let her rejoin the game they were playing!
Sign in to follow this topic