Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Pre-school question Rss

DS will be starting pre-school next year (where has my baby gone!) and we will have to start putting his name on some lists. Of the 2 pre-schools in our area we can either have 2,3 or 5 full days per week. So, it has got me wondering how many days other kids do and are they full/half days?

Thanks for any replies.
My DD did 2 full days per week when she was at kindy..... 9:30am to 2:45pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.

DS will do the same when he starts next term.

My DS does 3 half days and 1 full day per week.

My DD did 2 full days per week when she was at kindy..... 9:30am to 2:45pm Tuesdays and Thursdays.

DS will do the same when he starts next term.

Thank you both for the replies.

I am leaning towards either the 2 or 3 days as I think 5 is too much (IMO).

FRUCHOC, do you mind me asking if your DD was at daycare too whilst attending pre-school? The reason I ask is because I am at home with DS so I am a bit unsure whether 2 or 3 days would be better for him seeing as he doesn't go to care.

Thanks again!
My DS goes four half days and has wednesdays off. I love our day off we just potter around the house I think 5 days would be too much for him. Thinking of changing next term to 1 full day and 2 half days and have two days off but still four sessions

I have DS booked in to start next year. He'll be doing 2 days 9-3pm next year (while hes 3) and then 3 days 9-3pm the following year (when hes 4). Thats the norm around here..

Thank you both for the replies.

I am leaning towards either the 2 or 3 days as I think 5 is too much (IMO).

FRUCHOC, do you mind me asking if your DD was at daycare too whilst attending pre-school? The reason I ask is because I am at home with DS so I am a bit unsure whether 2 or 3 days would be better for him seeing as he doesn't go to care.

Thanks again!

Don't mind you asking at all. smile I am fortunate enough not to have had to use daycare with my two kids. Not that I am against it at all, just glad that I was fortunate enough to be able to spend their younger years with them without financial troubles.

So, no, my kids have never been to daycare. DD did a few pre-entry sessions (2 hours in length) at her kindy at the end of 2008, before she started kindy 2 full days a week in 2009. Two days is plenty for a 4 year old I think. Hang on to them for as long as you can cos once they start school you feel as though you never get to see them anymore. sad

Can I ask why the pre-school (or kindy as we call it here in SA) offer 5 days a week?? Is that normal? Here in SA they are entitled to 4 sessions a week, one full day being the equivalent of 2 sessions. So you can choose to go 4 half days a week, or 2 full days. Depending on what kindy you send your child to.

Sign in to follow this topic