Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Older Siblings
  5. school issue, your opinion is needed!

school issue, your opinion is needed! Lock Rss

My DD started Pre Primary this year,
she did kindy last year and took her nearly the whole year to come out of her shell and talk to the other kids she became really good friends with a few of the kids, anyways this year shes been put in a split class where she has 10 pre primary kids and Monday and Thursday have 6 kids for kindy and Tuesday and Friday another lot of kindy kids. well she did know a child in there until they moved her out. do you think its rude if i was to ring up and ask for her to be put in a class with other kids she knows? or is it my own fear thats getting in the way

My DD started Pre Primary this year,
she did kindy last year and took her nearly the whole year to come out of her shell and talk to the other kids she became really good friends with a few of the kids, anyways this year shes been put in a split class where she has 10 pre primary kids and Monday and Thursday have 6 kids for kindy and Tuesday and Friday another lot of kindy kids. well she did know a child in there until they moved her out. do you think its rude if i was to ring up and ask for her to be put in a class with other kids she knows? or is it my own fear thats getting in the way

It's a tough one when it's your own child hey. Maybe let it ride out for a month or so and see how she goes. Surely she will make a new friend or two. I have to say it must be very confusing having changes all of the time, especially for little ones.

My son was the same when he started going to pre-school, then school. It took him forever to come out of his shell and make friends. Personally, I don't think you should change her class. I'm sure she will learn to make new friends. Perhaps at home show her how to initiate play with others (that's what the teachers advised me to do). I think it's normal to be anxious, but she might surprise you. Perhaps leave it for a while? Is she happy when you pick her up?
My DD is starting prep this year and is not in the same class as her Kinder friends. I did not bother to ask for her to be changed. I think it is a good opportunity for her to make some new friends and not just stick with those in her comfort zone. As the years go on they won't always be in the same class as there friends so learning to make new friends at a young age won't do them any harm.
In all honesty I think its crazy to have a kindy/PP split as the kindy kids are only part time. Why not a PP/1 split. The constant change has to cause a huge level of stress to such young children still trying to adapt to school life and now on a FT basis.

How much knowledge does the school have of your child for them to put a shy child in such a daunting situation. I couldnt even begin to contemplate her anxiety. Im sure there would have been better socially at ease, extroverted students to put in this situation if it had to occur.

I repeat myself, craziest split Ive ever heard of.
Sign in to follow this topic