Huggies Forum

Bike for a 4yr old girl Rss

DD's 4th birthday is coming up and we thinking of getting her a bike. What size did you get your 4yr old and can you get girls bikes without the baskets or doll seat?

Depends how tall she is as to what size you need. Best thing is to take her in and sit on her on one or two to check the sizing. Not all girls bikes come with 'girly' bits you can get some just plain ones.

Are you getting a standar bike or a balance bike? I recomend the balance bike, one that goes to 6 years. My DS1 and his mates are obsessed. Also when they move to a regular bike it takes less than 1/2 an hr to master without training wheels.

One of his mates just got a Yamaha Peewee MOTOR!!! bike and jumped straight on after riding his balance bike around for the last year or so.

It means they dont lean into training wheels and develop balance and the correct posture.

There are some that convert. http://weeride.com.au/vmchk/Push-Bikes/WeeRide-Balance-Bike-Boy/ilvm_fly_admirable.tpl.html

You can add bells and baskets too.

Are you getting a standar bike or a balance bike? I recomend the balance bike, one that goes to 6 years. My DS1 and his mates are obsessed. Also when they move to a regular bike it takes less than 1/2 an hr to master without training wheels.

One of his mates just got a Yamaha Peewee MOTOR!!! bike and jumped straight on after riding his balance bike around for the last year or so.

It means they dont lean into training wheels and develop balance and the correct posture.

There are some that convert. http://weeride.com.au/vmchk/Push-Bikes/WeeRide-Balance-Bike-Boy/ilvm_fly_admirable.tpl.html

You can add bells and baskets too.

Yep i also agree with the balance bike idea- my DH works in a bike shop and that is what he reccommends for first bikes- basically they use their legs as the training wheels (to "balance"), so can eliminate the need to use training wheels in the future <span class="emoticon smile">smile</span>

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the balance bikes at our local bike shop but they are way too small for DD to ride!
I would like to get her one that has a brake as we live in a Hilly area.

Thanks for the replies. I looked at the balance bikes at our local bike shop but they are way too small for DD to ride!
I would like to get her one that has a brake as we live in a Hilly area.

we are getting one for our dd for xmas and as we want it to be a surprise i just measured her inside leg measurement and height (?) and the guy at the bike shop told us which size would be best for her taking this into account - like would she be able to reach the pedals, sit height etc
(we found this a great option and then she will be really surprised when santa comes!)
oh and the one we got doesn't have a toy basket or seat, but has front and rear brakes (but it is a girly pink!)

DD's 4th birthday is coming up and we thinking of getting her a bike. What size did you get your 4yr old and can you get girls bikes without the baskets or doll seat?

My DD has a barbie bike with training wheels, I think its 110cm (so not the smallest ones you can get, the next size up)... its all bling but that's what she likes.
Sign in to follow this topic