Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Your Baby's Family
  4. Older Siblings
  5. 6yrs and still wears a nappy through the night

6yrs and still wears a nappy through the night Lock Rss

They are super loud. Some kids are too scared of them to use them.

I'm with you though - I'd be lazy Mum too! Life is so busy without adding other stressors.

PS. I wasn't knocking you, I just found the idea of a 7yo getting up and making the bed hilarious. I have 15yo's who would just sleep in it wet rather than make it themselves!!

No that's cool, I thought the doctors and CHN advice was a little strange. I wouldn't think there would be too many 7 year olds who could change their sheets

Hi thanks everyone for your replys. I think I will try the alarm next and perhaps make an appointment with our doctor next week. We have tried many times not putting a nappy on him (not just for a day, but for many weeks) but he just sleeps through. We were getting him up to wee at 7pm before bed then getting him up again at 10pm and then again at 2am. During this process we were changing his sheets prob twice most nights. But he still manages to be soaked by the morning! We use huggies junior nappy's now. We were using dry nights and in fact we have tried every kind of pull up, but unfortunately due to the amount of times he wees in the night they just aren't thick enough. I really hope it doesn't go on for to much longer though because he is fast growing out of the juniors sad

Hopefully the alarm might just help us crack it!

Hi thanks everyone for your replys. I think I will try the alarm next and perhaps make an appointment with our doctor next week. We have tried many times not putting a nappy on him (not just for a day, but for many weeks) but he just sleeps through. We were getting him up to wee at 7pm before bed then getting him up again at 10pm and then again at 2am. During this process we were changing his sheets prob twice most nights. But he still manages to be soaked by the morning! We use huggies junior nappy's now. We were using dry nights and in fact we have tried every kind of pull up, but unfortunately due to the amount of times he wees in the night they just aren't thick enough. I really hope it doesn't go on for to much longer though because he is fast growing out of the juniors sad

Hopefully the alarm might just help us crack it!

Well good luck, please let me know how the alarm goes. My son sounds exactly like yours. I agree regarding the Junior nappies, unfortunately my son is the size of a 9 year old and only fits the Dry Nites and they are quite thin he wets through, every single day!!

I have to say, I am glad I am not the only one that is going through this, I don't know any other boys his age in his position.

Well good luck, please let me know how the alarm goes. My son sounds exactly like yours. I agree regarding the Junior nappies, unfortunately my son is the size of a 9 year old and only fits the Dry Nites and they are quite thin he wets through, every single day!!

I have to say, I am glad I am not the only one that is going through this, I don't know any other boys his age in his position.

No probs will let you know how we go with the alarm. It is very reassuring to know there are others out there going through the same thing. It's such a difficult problem to resolve when your child has no control over what's going on. I'm interested to see what the doctor will suggest next week.

Will keep you posted smile
there is some nasal spray the doc can prescribe.I dont know much about it only that a friends son used it and it worked and he was approaching high school age

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

We have used on alarm with our DS. We found that it worked for us. When he startered to wee the alarm would go off, I would go down to him and take him to the toilet to finish. It took a couple of weeks and he seemed to get the hang of it. We had an alarm that went in his undies, so he needed to wear 2 pairs of undies to bed, and you kind of put it in between the 2 layers. He is now 7 and very rarely he will still have an accident, usually when he is really tired. It was money well spent.

mummy of two

When I was buying my car, the finance lady was telling me all about her son and how he had this problem and what she did.

Apparently her son doesn't make a certain hormone that wakes him up when he is wet. So he takes hormone tablets every day and hasn't done it since.
I think she said she took him to the doc's when he was about 8 and he is 12 now and as soon as he started taking the tablets he has been dry and hasn't had a wet night ever since.

Just a thought for you.
Sign in to follow this topic