Huggies Forum

HELP!!!!! Lock Rss

My 8yo DD asked me today how to men make babies in ladies bellies...I told her special cuddles. She then asked "but don't his privates need to touch the ladies privates"? I though OMG she knows too much. She then went on to ask "pants up or pants down"...

She's too young for the talk, i thought, but maybe I should sit her down and have THE TALK.

Help mum's...what would you do???
Its time for the talk smile If she cant ask you and get an honest answer who can she ask? Maybe you can get a book that might make the conversation easier that is age appropriate.
My DS1 is 8 and knows how it all works, but we had a baby when he was nearly 7 so it was inevitable that he would ask questions. I bought a book called "Let's talk about where babies come from", it is very good and we read it together (and they still get it out and have a look). I don't think it's too young, if she is asking the questions it's best to be upfront and give her the answers she is after, rather than her asking her friends or getting wires crossed or more than she is ready for.

My 8yo DD asied me today how to men make babies in loadies bellies...I told her special cuddles. She then asked "but don't his privates need to touch the ladies privates"? I though OMG she knows too much. She then went on to ask "pants up or pants down"...

She's too young for the talk, i thought, but maybe I should sit her down and have THE TALK.

Help mum's...what would you do???

no idea- go to my birds and bees topic and have a laugh

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Get an age appropriate book. Ive just done this & hope it helps as its targeted at the age group I want easy for them to understand with some humor amongst all the seriousness of it all.

Ebay has good cheap books.

I agree, 8 is too young to know all of the details. I think you might need to give her some basic answers, but I personally would wait until 10 before giving "the talk".

I agree, 8 is too young to know all of the details. I think you might need to give her some basic answers, but I personally would wait until 10 before giving "the talk".

I agree the basics is good enough I feel for her age. My dd is 8 in March and ds is 11 but havent been given the talk yet but will have to start soon very soon.

Good luck

Ive actaully heard the younger you talk to them and introduce them to sex and or body parts its better, its better for them to be aware and understand. BUT thats only what I have heard... My DS is 2 so I'm a long way off that atm. I think it really depends on the child, if she is more mature for her age and can understand the seriousness of it then it might be time to have the chat smile
I think its important that you have the talk now. She obviously has some info, if you don't fill in the gaps she will do it by herself.
I know we don't want them to know stuff at 8 years old, even 15 years!! But they talk to people that know (or seem to) and they experiment and if they happen to talk to people that have been exposed to inappropriate stuff, the ball just keeps on rolling....
if she knows the fact that it uses their private parts together and is asking "pants up or down" she is ready for the details!

i think you need to forget about her age for a moment and base it on how much she already knows and how much she can understand and grasp. Another 8 year old perhaps could have a VERY basic talk, but she seems to have already got a fair idea of what goes on. Its probably fair to assume that shes hearing it from someone if she is already coming out with questions like that so wouldnt you rather her know the truth and exactly what goes on from you than getting misinformation and probably crude names and descriptions from some other child?

i dont know as i only have a toddler and havent got to that point yet but i would think that honesty is the best policy. If she was asking "where do babies come from?" and you saying "special cuddles" satisfied her curiosity, i'd say you had said enough for now. But if she is asking detailed questions and is not satisfied with a vague answer like the one you gave, then i think shes ready to know the ins and outs so to speak.

if she knows the fact that it uses their private parts together and is asking "pants up or down" she is ready for the details!

i think you need to forget about her age for a moment and base it on how much she already knows and how much she can understand and grasp. Another 8 year old perhaps could have a VERY basic talk, but she seems to have already got a fair idea of what goes on. Its probably fair to assume that shes hearing it from someone if she is already coming out with questions like that so wouldnt you rather her know the truth and exactly what goes on from you than getting misinformation and probably crude names and descriptions from some other child?

i dont know as i only have a toddler and havent got to that point yet but i would think that honesty is the best policy. If she was asking "where do babies come from?" and you saying "special cuddles" satisfied her curiosity, i'd say you had said enough for now. But if she is asking detailed questions and is not satisfied with a vague answer like the one you gave, then i think shes ready to know the ins and outs so to speak.

^^^ I agree
OMG......I dred that time myself but DD is only 1 so I've got a while yet I hope. I agree with the others, it sounds like its time. I remember being told the bird & bees with a book but you can still keep it age appropriate for an 8 yr old.
Sign in to follow this topic