Huggies Forum

bottle feeding Lock Rss

hey
iv'e heard that your breasts hurt until the milk dries up, how can i get prepared for this? what type of bra should i wear? and also what bottles are best to use i was going to use avent bottles. thanx grin
Yeah your breats will hurt, you can go see your GP and get on a birth control pill which will dry up your milk faster! Try not to express alot, with the pain just have a warm shower and some panadol. But just be careful. If you are in a lot of pain and they are hurting and looking really red and tender dont make around get yourself to the doctors. I used advent i found them really good for my daghter as she has bad colic. But tommee timpee are also good.

hey
iv'e heard that your breasts hurt until the milk dries up, how can i get prepared for this? what type of bra should i wear? and also what bottles are best to use i was going to use avent bottles. thanx grin

Hi, I bottle fed my first using Avent bottles. I tried every other bottle trying to find the right one but found them to be the best. They don't leak, they are a handy size and I will definately be using them again with my second. As for sore breasts, I never really had a problem they just felt really really heavy but I did keep cold washers in the fridge for a bit of relief.
My breasts didn't hurt too much, they were just a little tender and large. I kept wearing my maternity/feeding bras for some time and occasionally still do.

Use BPA free bottles. Avent do make some, they are just a little dearer than the non BPA free range. I think Tommee Tippee also make some but they are made in Asia whereas I think Avent are made in England.

Personally, I use glass bottles available from the local chemist.
Sign in to follow this topic