Huggies Forum

To tell him or not? Rss

I know this thread has been around recently! But still not sure what to do?
DS1 is due for his needles on Monday! Do I spring it on him when I get to the doctors, or do I tell him now so he can get used to the idea?
Do I offer him a bribe for being a big brave boy? Or is that the wrong thing to do!
Anyone got a suggestion?
Thanks
personally I totally regetted telling my 4 yr as he freaked himself out so bad that i think he hurt himself more by tossing his arms about and made it so much harder to hold him (even with the bribe that was to follow) I have decided not to tell my daughter when it comes to her turn.
Hi,
I don't tell. I think it gives them time to think about it. My Dr gives stickers out at the end. And I make sure that I give DD#1 a milkshake after to reward her for being a really brave girl.

Good luck.

I know this thread has been around recently! But still not sure what to do?
DS1 is due for his needles on Monday! Do I spring it on him when I get to the doctors, or do I tell him now so he can get used to the idea?
Do I offer him a bribe for being a big brave boy? Or is that the wrong thing to do!
Anyone got a suggestion?
Thanks

I told my DD who had her 4 year old needles in April, only on the morning of the appointment I said we were going to see the nurse and she would give her a needle to stop her getting sick, it would hurt a little bit but afterwards she would be ok and she could have some lollies (she rarely gets them so its a big treat).

At four I cant imagine just taking them and expecting them to sit still not knowing whats going on. With our DD everything goes more smoothly when we prepare her first by telling her what will happen. Of course it hurt and she didnt like it but it was over quickly and we praised her for being brave.

So I think you should tell, but not too far in advance and focus on it only hurts a little and then its all over.
I would definatly tell them, I told my daughter that she was going ot get an injection and it was going to hurt but only for a little bit but then she would get a plaster and it wouldnt hurt anymore.
here in NZ the kids get a lunchbox full of goodies as it is for their before school check so they actually want to go!
Sign in to follow this topic