Huggies Forum

Older Siblings

micheljohn

Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! I am a new person. Very happy to join this forum. Looking forward to receiving th...

4 replies

Hello there!

Terror Tots

Eye testing for kids? Updated....

Does anyone's children wear glasses or have you been through the eye testing process with th...

12 replies

Very actual thread for me now, younger cousin succesfully wears computer glasses, they were prescribed by his family doctor. I am g...

I Love My Babes

Anyone with kids her go to Waldorf Steiner Schools? Some Questions?

Afternoon Ladies, Just wondering if any of you send your children to Waldorf Steiner Schools? I...

7 replies

Hi ladies, I'm wondering what ended up happening for you both? OC are you still homeschooling in SA? I Love my Babes, did you c...

Watjenny4

Looking for Homeschooling e-mail pen-pals for our daughter

Hi Everyone, We are new to the forum. We are looking for Homeschooling e-mail pen-pals for our 1...

New no replies Be the first to reply »
wolfbaby

puberty starting already???

my 7yr old has suddenly started having B.O! I was so shocked. Her attitude is def having moments ...

6 replies

Am following this topic... DD is 10. Very tall and seems to be developing faster than other girls her age b Has the whole b.o thing ...

Kaley_Rylees

Help, my eldest isn't ready for baby!

Hi all, I currently have 6 kids and expecting number 7 (crazy, I know). My kids ages are 12, 7, 5...

Simey01

Worried over 4yo death comments

Tonight while having dinner, DS 4yo asked when DS 6mth was going to die. He said he didn't w...

Star-Mumm@

2 year age gap

Hi, I was wondering those who have roughly a 2 year age gap between their children, what was you...

5 replies

Star-Mumm@ wrote: Thank you, that's really helpful. We are just thinking about TTC #2 atm. No problem. Good luck.

A&E

after school activities

what activities do your kids do? DD1 isn't into sports, she did some soccar and netball thi...

3 replies

I understand that oc. DD1 has only done 1 thing a week and we have stopped swimming lessons but go as a family once a fortnight to s...

TinaBNE

Montessori Schools

Ok.. a friend of mine mentioned 'Montessori schools' over the weekend and I saw it come up in a d...

126 replies

Old post, however another view: not all Montessori schools are created equal. Almost any school can call itself Montessori school, s...

Margaretsales

How can I change his behavior ?

My DS is just 3 year old. My DD is studying in 1st grade at a Sunnybrook School in Ontario. She i...

1 reply

Your options are Australia or New Zealand, as this is the huggies Australia/ New Zealand site, so unless you're interested in t...

jakecindy&bubs

Need advice on my sons school and the way they're handling things....adhd..

My son is adhd and aspergers .. Last school holidays he was admitted to hospital with neuroleptic...

1 reply

You are spot on with everything u say, I really appreciate your feed back, seems more clear in my head now thank so much

A&E

how to get my 5 year old to poo easier

DD1 goes poo every 2 or 3 days. This is fine usually as she is not in pain and her poos come easi...

1 reply

Does she eat cereal? If she does I would get some psyllium husk (in the health food aisle) and put a teaspoon with her cereal. I fin...

knockonwood

Skin care for girls

Just wondering at what age you should start using "products" on girls faces, such as a ...

6 replies

Hey, I use skinue cosmetics. They have wide range of skincare products made of camel's milk. As we all know that camel's ...

knockonwood

DD has a corn on her toe - how do I treat?

I'm assuming it's a corn anyway! She is 7 1/2. It's not bothering her at all or ...

wolfbaby

red eye white eye

has anyone taken a photo and seen the person in it has red eye in only one eye, the other is refl...

2 replies

From what I've read, it's when one eye reflects white (the red doesn't matter) that it's a sign of cancer. I can...

A&E

going off the lunch ideas thread

whats the right amount of food to pack for a 5 year old for school? she has morning break, lunch...

6 replies

my DD also started reception today and i did not really have a clue what to pack because i know for a skinny little thing she can ea...

A&E

sun safety at school?

dd1 starts primary school next week and i was wondering about sun safety. i will put sun screen o...

4 replies

boofarama wrote: Tigerlily. wrote: Generally, schools have a 'no hat, no play' policy through the warmer months. Children ...

koby_n_caidens_mummy

Looking for a poem for my oldest son to read to his baby sister at her Naming Ceremony

Hi, I'm looking for a nice poem for my oldest son (who is turning 8) to read to his baby sis...

Mummy <3

Coordinating older sibling whilst in hospital having baby

I am pregnant with my second child, and I have an older child (who is very excited about her pend...

4 replies

what about your hubbys family are they in the picture? aunty or uncles?

Fish_1986

Blended Families

My 5 year old step daughter has some really major behavoural issues. We try our best to deal with...

2 replies

My little guy turns 6 in April and he is going through that phase, OMG it's a nightmare!! They are just trying to find their pl...

4 1/2 yr old weight and eating

He's sounds very under weight, I would take him to a doctor asap. Also perhaps try Sustage...

1 reply

My just turned 4yr old ds is 20.5kg. He is extremely fussy with his eating. He is seeing a paeditrician next month for a number of i...

wigglebrain

what are your teens reading?

I thinking about what to get the family for xmas. My neice is 14 and has just started to get into...

2 replies

Thanks everyone. I have just ordered a copy of "between the lines". A had a little read about what it is about and I think...

Cindy B

How would you handle this?

We have a DS6 how has started taking things. I loathe to say "stealing" but it really ...

Earthgoat85

How to comfort my older child with grandparent separation anxiety, Help!

I'm having a real issue with my 9 year old daughter, I know this is mainly a site for babies...

1 reply

Can you make her a little calendar that she mark the days off until she sees her grandmother again? That way she can see when the da...

terror tots

Bumping

knockonwood

Ideas for 7 y.o. girl birthday please

I always like to do the kids birthdays at home. I rationalise it that then they can invite more ...

9 replies

My daughter just had a Nemo themed party. We did nemo cake and lolly bags (all home made), a attempted a piniata, played pass the pa...

knockonwood

Decided on a "movies" party for DD's 7th birthday

So DD1 has decided she's happy to have a heap of girls (about 15!) come here to watch a movi...

4 replies

For the cake you could do the kit kat cake CJCMF suggested but instead of M&Ms you could fill it with popcorn. So it looks like ...

A&E

Girl Guides or Scouts?

So just wondering about these for my girls. DD1 will be 5 this year. I remember doing brownies a...

2 replies

Its really hard choosing for my kids. Sport or music or dance or gym or girl guides.

GarfieldRules

I never thought I would ever say this..........

My dh has been away for the last 2 weeks in Auckland visiting his sick mum who has been getting t...

2 replies

Thanks everyone for your advice. I thought there was seriously something wrong with me mentally with the way I was feeling. I am g...

knockonwood

Present ideas for 7 y.o. boy ???

I only have girls so have no idea what to buy for a 7 year old boy, so ideas please. She is only...

3 replies

Thanks ladies, I'm thinking I might go check out the board games and such in Big W. It's hard though as this kid is a rea...

Kiwi Gem

Frustrated with 6 year old- suggestions please!!

Hi all, We have a gorgeous nearly 6 year old, nearly 11mnth old and I'm currently early preg...

10 replies

Very good suggestions, thank you.

GarfieldRules

Not coping with whats happening with my 17yr old dd

Hi guys, I need to vent. My 17yr old dd has told me this week she is moving out. Some of you mi...

15 replies

Thanks Garfield. It does suck ass to the max!!!!!!

knockonwood

So sick of hearing "no" ....

Just venting really. Seems nearly every evening we are in a cranky house at the moment. DD1 who...

2 replies

Thanks, but I've tried charts too. They usually last a couple of weeks & then we're back to square one. Last chart age...

Tarcey75

Child Psychologist

Can anyone recommend a lovely psych, and obviously good at what they do. My 6 year old daughter h...

knockonwood

So proud of my DD1 !!!!!

DD1 is 6 and in grade one. Today they had a spelling test and her results came back as a spellin...

3 replies

oooh, clever girl. I'd be a proud mama too

I Love My Babes

Anyone Know any Gorgeous braided hairstyles they could share?

Morning Ladies My dd1 is having her gymnastics grading on Sunday. I'm just wondering if an...

2 replies

Thank you MO3C and mudpies for the links I'm going to try the Dutch Flower Braid tomorrow that looks Great I just hope I can r...

Terror Tots

Whoops

Well I'm currently supposed to be baking some buttermilk scones for DS1's class because...

2 replies

unique1 wrote: Thats not too bad I went to put my dog out and had him under my arm then went to put him out then realized my son was...

knockonwood

Costume / Crafty help please ...

DD has her pirate's day at school next week. We've borrowed a costume but she has her ...

2 replies

Wow, knew the huggies gals would come up with some ideas

knockonwood

Pirate outfit ????

DD has a pirate day at school in a couple of weeks. Apart from an eye patch I'm not sure we...

1 reply

our standard pirate outfit when we were kids was a bandana on the head. eye patch. scar and or beard done with mascara. baggy shirt...