Huggies Forum

Sick days Rss

Yes, we have. Its called carers leave where my DH works. I just had to go and get a docs certificate.
Hope u feel better soon smile

Apologies for my replies, hope they make sense. I am usually typing one handed or interrupted halfway through wink

No.

When dd was 2 I had my wisdom teeth out, 5 days later they were infected and I had septicaemia which for those of you that don't know is when your body starts shutting down from infection, basically your body is poisoning itself. I was so sick the dr wanted to admit me to hospital, and even though I felt like I was literally dying I refused. Instead I drove myself to the hospital 3 times a day for IV antibiotics because dh wouldn't take time off.

I was at home barely able to move. And on the second night dh text me to say he was going to catch up with mates. I text him in tears saying I couldn't cope and could he please come look after dd. he said he wouldn't be long.

Hours later I rang him crying and he was drunk. He finally came home but was useless and went straight to sleep. Then one of his mates rang me and started crying (because he was drunk) that he'd asked dh to go out when I needed him.

Geez in hindsight I should have just let them admit me to hospital so dh had no choice. I've never been so so ill in my life - my limbs were like ice and even tinged blue, that's when your body is shunting blood to your vital organs to keep you alive, so the limbs miss out.

We were living at my parents so there were times that they were home to look after but they both worked and wernt there on that night. The only reason the dr didn't insist I stay at the hospital is because my mums a nurse and I said she'd make sure I was ok.

This was at a time of life that I put up with a lot of shit... I don't any more and dh wouldn't DARE do this to me now. I've learned to be a bit more selfish and demanding, and he has learnt to respect my feelings more. If I were this ill again I would make him have the kids, however for a cold etc we all just keep soldiering on I believe.

God help them if they get a man cold though, that makes me get all angry inside! Lol

DH has stayed home or come home only a couple of times. Once was when I had gastro and could only leave the couch/bed to throw up, the other time was when I had a huge migraine and couldn't see because of it, he was at work and I had to beg him to come home. What he came home to was me asleep on the couch, DD2 (about 13mths at the time) was asleep on the floor in front of me, and DD1 was climbing the cupboard to try get herself some lunch! He realised then that I did really need him to be home!

But, those are the only times - I've struggled through severe morning sickness, bad colds, different bouts of gastro etc etc and he doesn't like to stay home to help me as he thinks I can still do it all. He says "just take it easy and rest" roll eyes Because it's so easy to rest with little ones running around, nagging you for things!

Glad your DH is on his way, I hope you feel better soon.
I'm not a SAHM I work 3 short days but when I'm home with DS and sick NO my DH doesn't take a day off. Last time I had severe gastro for 6 days and was home with my 19 month old. One afternoon I was so sick I couldn't get off the couch. Called DH and begged him to come home, and when he did he asked what had I been doing all day? OMFG!

dh has done it twice. The first time I was so sick I couldn't even pick up our newborn. He didn't understand how sick I was and it wasn't until I climbed back into bed and told him the kids were his that he realised I meant business. I slept for 3 days, luckily it was a friday so he already had sat, sun off. The other time I was throwing up, so it was perfectly obvious I couldn't do anything. That was the time where I lay there fantasising about going to hospital to get a drip as I felt so dehydrated. (in hindsight I probably was...) He tried to fight me on staying home, but eventually he got the point that I was incapable of doing anything for myself let alone 2 little ones.
He has never offered to stay, he is always "too busy" at work. These 2 times I basically have asked him, big fight and then at the last minute he realises he has to stay as we have no other option. What p****s me off is that he has something like 300 sick leave hours built up. His work give him sick leave and 6 days carers leave. His workmate takes time off whenever their KID is sick, let alone the wife. Dh is happy to take time off when he is ill, but he doesn't get that I don't get sick leave and can't just do it. His work understand that family get sick and give them days for it, but dh gets so caught up in work its his main focus a lot of the time.
chalys 'n' J wrote:
No.

When dd was 2 I had my wisdom teeth out, 5 days later they were infected and I had septicaemia which for those of you that don't know is when your body starts shutting down from infection, basically your body is poisoning itself. I was so sick the dr wanted to admit me to hospital, and even though I felt like I was literally dying I refused. Instead I drove myself to the hospital 3 times a day for IV antibiotics because dh wouldn't take time off.

I was at home barely able to move. And on the second night dh text me to say he was going to catch up with mates. I text him in tears saying I couldn't cope and could he please come look after dd. he said he wouldn't be long.

Hours later I rang him crying and he was drunk. He finally came home but was useless and went straight to sleep. Then one of his mates rang me and started crying (because he was drunk) that he'd asked dh to go out when I needed him.

Geez in hindsight I should have just let them admit me to hospital so dh had no choice. I've never been so so ill in my life - my limbs were like ice and even tinged blue, that's when your body is shunting blood to your vital organs to keep you alive, so the limbs miss out.

We were living at my parents so there were times that they were home to look after but they both worked and wernt there on that night. The only reason the dr didn't insist I stay at the hospital is because my mums a nurse and I said she'd make sure I was ok.

This was at a time of life that I put up with a lot of shit... I don't any more and dh wouldn't DARE do this to me now. I've learned to be a bit more selfish and demanding, and he has learnt to respect my feelings more. If I were this ill again I would make him have the kids, however for a cold etc we all just keep soldiering on I believe.

God help them if they get a man cold though, that makes me get all angry inside! Lol
OMG Chalys!
I am so glad you found a turning point and started demanding stuff and ohhhh the man cold. What a nightmare!
xxx
Dani +1 I am so glad he is coming home. Hop into bed and rest up and I hope you feel better soon.
xxx
Oops got a bit carried away there, hope you feel better soon dani, sounds like your dh is a good sort. smile

my DH doesnt take the day off. last week was the first time i have actually felt sick since having DS 4 months ago. i was feeling hot and cold, dizzy and really bad headache. everytime i stood up i felt so sick. the most i did for DS was change him, feed him and then lay in bed with him trying to entertain him while i tryed hard to rest my head. i text and told him i was feeling sick in the hope that he would come home early (he works with his dad at the moment so it wouldnt be too much of a problem if he went home a little early). but nooooo..... i get a text back in reply going "o ok. im feeling depressed today." arhhhh.... just wanted to chuck my phone at the wall. im felt like i was dying and he just cared about himself.... he can be so damn selfish sometime. i would have asked some family to come help for a bit but they all work and cant just take the day off. just have to keep plodding on. hope you feel better soon. smile

Yep I have to give my husband big credit for this one. He has no problem staying at home to give me a hand when I am sick, I usually have to push him out the door telling him I can handle it!

I did feel bad for him staying home one time though. I had one big night out in between pregnancies which involved me getting way over excited and staying out drinking til 4:30am. I have never been as sick as I was that day, hubby was a legend though and took over all of DS's care. Think that is the end of my big drinking shenanigans!
I am so glad my DH has a great boss who is very family oriented and puts everyone's family first before work. I get migraines, not very often maybe 3/yr but when they hit I am crippled for a few days. Sometimes I end up at the hospital. DH comes home a soon as he can.
Mostly I cant really remember any other time I have needed him home but its great to know he is just a phone call away

Young people learn from experience. So who are we to try and stop them

Lucy_Ant wrote:
Yep I have to give my husband big credit for this one. He has no problem staying at home to give me a hand when I am sick, I usually have to push him out the door telling him I can handle it!

I did feel bad for him staying home one time though. I had one big night out in between pregnancies which involved me getting way over excited and staying out drinking til 4:30am. I have never been as sick as I was that day, hubby was a legend though and took over all of DS's care. Think that is the end of my big drinking shenanigans!

hehe Shenanigans!!! love that word

Young people learn from experience. So who are we to try and stop them

Sign in to follow this topic