Huggies Forum

sleeping too much? Lock Rss

My 10 week old daughter is has been sleeping 8.5 hours during the night, but would be awake all day without even a catnap. The past week she has been sleeping all the time.
She has just increased her feeds, and gets really cranky after them, then falls asleep. Last night she slept for 10 hours, then woke up for a feed and has been asleep for another 3 hours. Is this normal for her to be sleeping for such a long time? Is it something babies do as they get older?

QLD, Grace 04/02/2006

Hi KylieH

Although I am not sure if it is the same situation, because mt daughter was 8 weeks prem but, it is very normal as they get comfortable in their surroundings they will relax more and therefore sleep better.

I don't know what your days consist of but at 10 weeks it is all still very new for her and maybe still a little daunting?

She is obviously feeling more relaxed.

Also it is normal to feel tired and sleepy after a feed so if she has increased her feeds it is more likely to want to sleep more.

I am not an expert but, can only go by my daughter and other new babies I know.

If you are worried please go and seek advice from your GP, as I don't know your daughter or your situation. I did that and was told not to worry as she was just more settled and therefore will sleep more. It seemed like she was only ever up for about an hour before she went back to bed???

Sorry if I have droned on but I just thought this may re assure you that most new parents go through this, so you are not alone.

I hope I helped, but as I said if you are worried then if just for piece of mind, go t your GP

Cheers!
Olivia
Haleys_Mum

eìí? DD Haley 2 yrs old eìí?

Hi,
Our babies grow and change all the time, just as you get used to them doing one thing they change and do another.

So long as she is healthy gaining weight and happy, just watch for tired signs and act on them, grumpy is definitely a tired sign.

Take advantage of the break and have a snooze yourself or have a "HOT" cup of tea.

Enjoy!

Cheers Maree

It's Time to Sleep

Sign in to follow this topic