Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. Lop-Sided (TMI question lol!!)

Lop-Sided (TMI question lol!!) Rss

My 4mth old bub is soley bf on demand and is doing really well, however, we had some initial complications when he was born and to ensure he put on weight, I favoured the faster flowing side and now it seems I have caused myself to be much bigger on that side compared to the other! Yes, I know, that breasts are never symmetrical and often differ in sizes but, it is now getting to the point where people are noticing and pointing it out to me (which is humiliating!). There is a whole cup size difference but, bubby is taking both sides happily / equally and its not evening up. Does anyone know how I can fix this? The only advice I have received is to stop breastfeeding altogether so they go back to normal sad
I had the same thing happen to me . DONT STOP BF!!!!
You need to start feeding off the smaller one more often, 2 feeds - 1 on the bigger. It wont take long to sort out. Its the old rule of the more you feed , the more you produce and the bigger the vessel gets lol.
If you have a breast pump use that on the smaller too smile
You may find that bubs want to feed more often after being on the smaller but that's just the difference in production. Its frustrating but keep at it smile
GingerGypsie wrote:
I had the same thing happen to me . DONT STOP BF!!!!
You need to start feeding off the smaller one more often, 2 feeds - 1 on the bigger. It wont take long to sort out. Its the old rule of the more you feed , the more you produce and the bigger the vessel gets lol.
If you have a breast pump use that on the smaller too smile
You may find that bubs want to feed more often after being on the smaller but that's just the difference in production. Its frustrating but keep at it smile

+1!

smile
I had the same problem- no one ever pointed it out to me other than my gp when she gave me a breast check and I tell you what- if anyone dared pointed it out to me I would of lost my blimmin' Schmidt. How rude. It was lopsided for the entire time I fed dd2 (just over 2 years) but only noticeable for about 6 months of that- I started to get on top of it after a while. (it isn't that it took 6 months to get better, it just didn't bother me so much at the time laugh)

It will even out again. Please don't give up breast feeding because of this- as GG said you just need to up your supply in the smaller breast and it will even out. It might take a week or two, or more- just don't lose hope when it doesn't work straight away.

I still get that problem if my ds feeds during the night a lot and I cant remember (too tired) what side I fed last from. I don't realise until the morning when one side is super sore and engorged sad I empty it but the size difference is there. It goes back to normal in a few days.

GL
Sign in to follow this topic