Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Breast and Bottle Feeding
  5. what formula did u find to work the best??

what formula did u find to work the best?? Lock Rss

which formula was ur bubs happiest on?

Hi there,
My son has been on Nan HA 1 Gold since he was 4 weeks with no issues. Hope this helps
We've used S26 Gold since the beginning with no problems at all
Bellamy's Organic!
Just another one to add to the mix! We use Karicare Gold with no issues smile

the gold formula's dont seem to fill up his tum.. and im really not sure as to what plain formula is best and wont clog bubs.. im thinking s26 and karicare should be a good bet? any1 use nurture and happy with it? i used the follow on nurture wit ds1.. but apparently their formula has changed or something.. im just not sure

Posted by: ~scott07&linc09~
any1 use nurture and happy with it? i used the follow on nurture wit ds1.. but apparently their formula has changed or something.. im just not sure

I never did personally but out of 5 mums in my antenatal group who were "topping up" or using formula, 3 of them used nurture and were happy with it.

The truth is what is "best" for one baby isn't best for every baby and as you've already seen you've got a yea for at least all of the "major" brands. LOL When we were topping up DS1 we had to try 3 different formulas before we found one that agreed with him.

My DD is on Nuture (she has been since about 14 weeks old) and its been fine. She's now on Step 2.

We chose that one as it wasn't the cheapest but no where near the most expensive. They all have to pass stringent Australian Standards, so there isn't a great deal different between brands.

They did recently change from a manufacturer in NZ to here in OZ and there was a slight change in the texture of the dry powder. I spoke to the company and they said all of the ingredients are the same so no nutritional difference. DD didn't seem to notice or worry.

Ben 25/10/06 + Erin 10/9/08

we used s26gold till livvy was 6months and then under the CHN's guide we tried the amcal one and i found this was better and stop the constipation that was starting to occur.

and best of all we went from spending $20 a week to $12! and it worked better grin maybe ask the CHN for some samples?

we use karicare Goat formula. It is quite expensive but worth it for us.
I used NanHA 1 gold. no need to change to the nan2 HA I was told so DS stayed on this for 12 months.
for the first 4 weeks or so the poo is green and stinky but apparently that is normal and resolves.
it is the closest formula to breast milk according to the paed hospitals and is not too filling so allows you to feed on the same scheudle as breast feeding.
I have heard some bad stories about S26.
I also found the other formulas too thick.

My 4 week old has been on NanHA gold1 for 2 weeks and is thriving. As Zoe_vet said it is the closest possible thing you can get to breastmilk ,paed and CHN also said its the best on the market. I tried him on S26 Gold and he refused it , spat up and it also has a terrible smell. I googled what formulas are good and alot of mothers have praised Nan HA , hope this helps.

Sign in to follow this topic