Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Pregnant and depressed

Pregnant and depressed Lock Rss

I'm 22 weeks now and already live with depression and PTSD. I take meds, pregnancy safe and have the support of a therapist and maternal mental health also.
I'm finding myself increasingly depressed and overwhelmed with all the seemingly constant unsolicited parenting advice coming from friends and family. Also people asking me questions about my pregnancy all the time, I feel like this experience isn't mine anymore but the whole worlds.

Does anyone else feel this enormous amount of pressure to tell people every detail that's being asked of them? I feel like my space is constantly being invaded and it's making me quite depressed each day.
I am sorry your experience is not so enjoyable. I can't truly understand as I don't suffer with your mental health struggles, but I just wanted to reassure you that people ask questions and love to give advice because in general pregnancy is a beautiful thing. Every woman who has been through it is interested in others who are pregnant. All aspects of it are wonderful and fascinating, and somehow you need to understand that others are not trying to invade your space or intrude or in any way ruin your experience. They are just interested, and want to share a little in this with you. I hope you can see past your depression and fears and see the joy in it all.
Hello Gasolinerainbow1983. Do you know how PTSD changes, progresses, worsens or improves during pregnancy, how stress PTSD affects pregnancy and an evolving child, and if you knew of any ways of best management and minimizing the symptoms during such a time. I had nightmares and were associated with PTSD symptoms, including panic attacks. I'm worried about the health of the child. After 21 weeks, I already had several complications, including eclampsia. Part of the nightmares stems from past injuries, but at this time nightmares that something bad is happening to her baby.

Pregnancy is a problem for women with PTSD. I hope that you have an understanding and supportive obstetrician. A doctor can be sure that the general state of health is maintained and that the diet and medications are appropriate. Many drugs used for depression and anxiety are risky in pregnancy. This may mean that a pregnant woman should calm down and maintain her morale without the usual medications.

Most therapists know how to treat these symptoms with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and maintenance therapy. It may be time to return to the old therapist or find someone new who offers peace and comfort

The bottom line is that a therapist who knows the client has established trust and understanding, and who is confident and competent can refer to a terrible memory during pregnancy. It does more harm than harm, allowing a pregnant woman to have a memory of trauma in the office, learn how to confront her past and reduce her anxiety.

There can not be support groups for pregnant women with PTSD, but many women are confronted with two problems together. Kindred help. It makes sense to find support groups for women passing through pregnancy and support groups of women with PTSD. Nevertheless, I would be interested in taking on additional roles, helping those who have suffered trauma, and who can add to your stress at this time. You deserve support and preservation of your physical and emotional reserves. All the best.
It sounds really cute. Becoming a mother is not an easy thing to cope with. It is a big challenge. Your depression is not a rare one Gasolinerainbow. Anyone can listen to a limited set of advice. After sometime you start getting irritated. At this what is important is your personal health. Stress at any stage in pregnancy is not good.
Hey dear. This is something extraordinary. You need to relax your mind. Don't think negative. It would influence your body. Stay positive and try to be happy. Because it will make you healthy. You don't need to worry at all. Everything is going to be ok soon. You just have to wait for some time. As we all know everything takes time.
I am really sorry about your problems. It's normal during pregnancy. I know you get annoyed. A lot of people are giving different advice. That thing bothers you a lot. You should focus on yourself. Instead of thinking about other suggestions. Don't take the stress. It will not be good for your pregnancy.
Hey dear! Hope so you are doing good. I just read your post. I think you should indulge yourself in some activities that you love to do. And avoid overthinking, it leads to the depression. And, if people talk about the pregnancy then I think you should give them a shut up call. This none of their business. If you are trying to be pregnant and have some complication then there many methods like surrogacy and IVF. You should go for it. People are getting so much help from them. Don't lose hope and keep trying. I think there are the negativities that are surrounding you makes you degrade. Ignore them and chase your dreams. I hope happiness will come soon
Hey dear! Hope so you are doing good. I just read your post. I think you should indulge yourself in some activities that you love to do. And avoid overthinking, it leads to the depression. And, if people talk about the pregnancy then I think you should give them a shut up call. This none of their business. If you are trying to be pregnant and have some complication then there many methods like surrogacy and IVF. You should go for it. People are getting so much help from them. Don't lose hope and keep trying. I think there are the negativities that are surrounding you makes you degrade. Ignore them and chase your dreams. I hope happiness will come soon
Don't be depressed. Please take care of yourself during your pregnancy. Stress can affect your health also. So please don't let others affect your decision. You seem to be a very strong woman. I wish you a very good luck. My wishes are with you.
Hey Dear. Hope so you are doing fine? My dear doesn't feel depressed. It's all natural. Stay relaxed and stay calm everything will be fine. It's all natural and all you have to do is to prevent yourself from anxiety. Soon you are going to become a mother. And you are going to feel those million of feelings. Stay calm dear.
Hey, I just came across your post. Hope you are doing good. I must say that you'd follow your dreams. Don't think so much and worry about the future. You'd think about all the aspect of any problem. Well, if you are really interested in getting pregnant, then surrogacy and IVF are best for you. You'd choose one of them as you desire. If you think you can't deliver a baby yourself, then surrogacy will be best for you. Dear don't lose hope and keep on trying. Don't be afraid of your failures. My friend also had IVF treatment from Lotus clinic in Europe. They did not examine her properly and the donor eggs too. Though she conceived but faced fatal miscarriage. Her womb was not so healthy to carry a child. But she was not so unfortunate. She kept on trying and again had surrogacy treatment this time. She discussed it with many people and then selected a prominent clinic in Europe too. This time, she succeeded. Hence, the final decision will be yours!
Sign in to follow this topic