Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby & Dad
  5. Need Advice... what would you do???

Need Advice... what would you do??? Lock Rss

I need advice and TODAY??? I need to know if you were in my shoes what would you do.

My babys daddy is looking at going to prison... really soon. He is currently wanted by the police and wants to see our son before he goes.
I am currently separated from him and have a domestic violence order against him, and am currently in a domestic violence shelter with me and our son.
Due to recents behaviourial events by DS's dad, where he stuck something to the back of my head, which I believed may have been a gun. He led me to believe that he had a gun and it certainly felt something like a gun.
Now, would any of you take a risk and take your son to see him before he gets picked up and is looking at spending some pretty hefty time in prison? I don't know whether to deny my son that.... or stick to my guns and keep saying no.
He has told me previously that if I ever took off with him he would hunt me down and kill me. And that's exactly what I did... took off with him.
Please.. need your opinions and fast.
I would say defiantly NO do not got see him. It's not worth the risk to you or your son. The best thing you can do for your son is stay safe. Kia kaha x
No definitely not... if you want your son to see his father he can do this in prison. Its a sad fact of life but many kids do this and have a good relationship with their fathers.

Going now would be a risk to your self and your son
I would not visit him at all. However if you believe for your son you should wait until he's in jail and visit there if you can... at least you'll be protected by security guards then.
Best of luck to you.
As others have said, no way!

What makes you think that he's not going to harm you or your son and possibly use him to protect himself or even take off with him. I don't know how long he's looking at being behind bars, but he may see it that he's got nothing to lose!

If he wants to see him that badly, you may be nice enough to take him to visit him in gaol!

Thanks all for your advice.
There has been times where he has done exactly that, taken off with him and used him as a pawn and i havent seen him ir wasnt allowed to. He has pleaded and begged and cried to see him before he goes but i too dont think its the right thing to do. Maybe i should stick to my guns this time around. Everyone says the same thing.
Do not see him or let him know where you are! He's got nothing to lose before he goes to jail and could do something crazy....
I would definitely prevent the baby father from seeing his dad, especially in circumstances like this. The safety is far more important at this time. So definitely stick to your guns because baby father could turn on you, you never know.
I would definitely prevent the baby father from seeing his dad, especially in circumstances like this. The safety is far more important at this time. So definitely stick to your guns because baby father could turn on you, you never know.
I am so agree with others here, stick to your guns and keep saying no. I even feel right, the way jail authorities did not allow you to visit him in a jail with your DS; jails are meant for criminals not for children.
Hi klow82. I wouldn't put yourself and your child in any possible danger. If he does happen to go to jail you always have the option to visit him there which is in a fully supervised environment.
What about me, I don't do it. So I say NO.
Sign in to follow this topic