Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. suggestions on 'sleep training' books PLEASE!

suggestions on 'sleep training' books PLEASE! Rss

Hi all, would like any suggestions on good 'sleep training' books. Preferably no tears (or minimal tears) option. I have a 7 month old who has been waking every 1.5-2 hrs since he was 4months old and I have just tried everything possible. I was told a while back of a book which gives you a very strict regime to follow during the day, which eventually helps them sleep through but I can't remember the name of it.
Any help is appreciated:)
Sorry, no advice as I've has sleepers as well. Bumping past spam.
Thanku for ur replies, I'll definitely check them out!
Just wondering, is there something I can do re: the spam?
You are probably looking for something like 'The no cry sleep solution' by Elizabeth Pantley. She likes routine from memory and uses very gentle methods, she is very much, if what you are doing is working for you awesome, if you want to try something else, here are some gentle things you can try type of sleep trainer. She doesn't think there is only one right thing to do, which is an approach I like smile

We used baby bliss routines which is a fairly loose routine. For us it was more about predictability. But still the structure in a day took out the guess work of baby being tired, hungry etc.

http://babybliss.com.au/services/babybliss-rout...

They are free routines, but for some reason you have to put them in a cart etc.
++ Elizabeth Pantley. Also have a look at Pinky McKay smile
I was recommended the 'save our sleep' by tizzie hall when I was pregnant with my first baby. I found the routines very helpful and both my boys have responded and sleep well with a routine. I didn't really use her settling techniques as they do involve quite a bit of crying. But I would recommend having a read if you are struggling, take what you like from it and disregard the bits you don't agree with, as I did smile Good Luck x
The Sleep Easy Solution by Jill Spivock and Jennifer Waldburger. Great book, very easy to follow, and very supportive. It covers different stages of development that can affect sleep, and ways to deal with them, and also special circumstances like co-sleeping, reflux, etc. They also have a website that is great, and you can order their books and DVDs from there. Here's the link.

www . sleepyplanet.com
Sign in to follow this topic