Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Angelcare alarm keeps going off

Angelcare alarm keeps going off Rss

Hi all,

My husband and I recently purchased an angel care monitor for our little girl, and in the last few weeks it's been alarming some nights and mornings. The first two times it went off we realized the board had fallen down so we fixed that up but still went off a few nights later. We then turned the sensitivity right up and it's still doing it. It went off recently at 3am this morning. We have the ac401 with the two pads so shes definitely staying in contact with them. Just wondering if it could be faulty or if something could be wrong with our little girl.

My husband went in quietly when it went off this morning but the alarm had already woken her and she seemed very happy lol so i don't know what's going on! Has anyone else got a breathing monitor one that goes off for no reason? Just strange it is only happening late at night around the same times.

TIA smile

Hi,

I have the exact same one and it went off in the hottest nights just the warning alarm at first but the major alarm never has. I reacon the warning alarm is just that a warning, when it went off the first time it freaked me out and I ran in there like a bat out of hell personally I think I woke my DS that day. I suggest when it sounds just check on them but if it the full alarm I think it will be faulty. it sounds off if they haven't moved for awhile or their breathing is abit shallow

Yeah its been the full alarm (so the beep beep beep beep) I do wake up to the warning though tongue and yeah that's why my husband checks now cause i go into full panic!
Do you have to replace the batteries? Mine used to do that when the batteries were going flat.

Do you have to replace the batteries? Mine used to do that when the batteries were going flat.

Nah it's a chargeable one so it was on charge and full battery sad wish it was that. Though the actual monitor hasn't got batteries in it for backup if the power switched on and off could that trigger it. Though i haven't noticed the power go off
How close is the monitor to the sensor pads? I think it needs to be at least 36cm away (or something like that - can't remember). My monitor would go off if I had it too close to DS's bassinette.

How close is the monitor to the sensor pads? I think it needs to be at least 36cm away (or something like that - can't remember). My monitor would go off if I had it too close to DS's bassinette.

Prob about over a 1m sad
I got one after my DD went to hospital because she had an episode where she wouldn't wake up and we found out she has a heart problem. I went out and bought the monitor when she was ready to come home. I found the monitor going off alot, even when she was awake! So I found myself being a mental wreck looking at the monitor when she was asleep! There is a sensitivity knob on the back that you can adjust, maybe its to sensitive on the setting you have it on? I ended up putting mine on the sound only because I was turning into a zombie watching the light flash waiting for the alarm!
What sort of bed/bassinette is she in? Does it have slats? The sensor pads need to be on a hard, ever surface.
I had false alarms but mine was due to my DS sleeping on his side at the very end of the cot so the sensor pad wasnt detecting him. Turned out we needed 2 sensor pads and that fixed the problem.
You said you already have to sensor pads - are they in good contact with the mattress on a flat surface? We had to put a board on the slats of the cot so it was a flat surface and made sure the pads pushed up into the mattress a little bit.
She's in a cot, and it has a piece of MDF type board underneath the mattress the keep the sensor pads level.
Hopefully you can rule out anything medical.
Is the monitor still under warranty? There is a company that deals with customer service for Angelcare in Australia, Valiant Enterprises in VIC. They may have other suggestions on what you can try with the monitor.

Could it be interference from an Air-con, radio etc? When i contacted Valiant they asked me to check that before getting new pads.
Hi,

Aw don't stress. Sounds like your daughter is ok, it's the monitor.
Ours did the same thing but we realized it was the temperature setting.
The angle care monitor has a temp setting so if the temp in her room is too cold or hot iit will sound an alarm.
U prob just need to set the temp to a different setting,.
It comes with a default setting of I think about 18degrees for cold and 26 degrees for hot.
So if the room temperature is 18 degrees or below or 26 degrees or higher it will sound the alarm.
Just adjust the temp setting.
Hope this helps.
Sign in to follow this topic