Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. Self Settling - Sleep Coaching

Self Settling - Sleep Coaching Lock Rss

Hi,

My 7 month old is hopeless at this. Yes, it is my fault.
He wakes every 40 min from when I put him to sleep at 7pm until about midnight when he will go back to sleep until 2, then up at 4 and then 6.
He isn't hungry because he rejects the bottle. I settle him by putting a dummy in and holding his hand. He usually only takes about 5 - 10 mins to settle but can't do it without my help. Has anyone tried sleep coaching or teaching to self settle with any success? I have been sleeping on the floor in his room and am desperate to get back into bed with my husband!
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
Hi there,

I had exactly the same problem until last Friday night. As with my now 3 year old son, I suspected that the dummy was the cause of the problem, so Friday night I decided to get rid of it once and for all. After 18 minutes of crying, he finally fell asleep, then woke up after the first sleep cycle. A few moans and groans, then not a peep from him until Saturday morning 6am, when for the first time ever, he woke up a happy bubba and played in his cot for an hour. Day sleeps were also terrible - usually lasting no more than 40 minutes, but Saturday morning he slept for 3 hours! I didn't know what to do with all that free time. Since then, we haven't had to do the trek between rooms countless times each night, and apart from a few moans and groans, he is now able to put himself back to sleep. It's such a relief after being sleep deprived for nearly 8 months. It is hard hearing them cry, but it's all worth it in the end. My bub has never been this happy because he is finally getting good sleep.

Good luck!
Jellytot
Sign in to follow this topic