Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Room Sharing Rss

We have just found out we are expecting bub #3.

As we only have a 3 bed house, 2 of my kids will have to share.

My questions are - do I put my boys in together and give the baby it's own room? or let my eldest have his own room and have the 2 younger ones share?

When bub is due DS1 will be 4yr 7mth and DS2 will be 23mth

Thanks in advance
put the older two together... i too have 3 rooms but there is 9 years between the boys.... so they will never share a room so he will go in with my 3 year old girl once we move him out of our room... or we may have to buy a new house in the next few years....
Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

I have more questions (people tell me I ask too many, lol)

The room they will be sharing is too small to have 2 single beds so they will have to have a bunk bed. Is 22 months too young to go into a single bed? I have a bed rail to go on.

And should I put him into the single bed before or after bubs is born?

Is there anything I can do to help my boys get used to sharing? They've always had their own room.

Thanks again
Thanks. That's what I was thinking.

I have more questions (people tell me I ask too many, lol)

The room they will be sharing is too small to have 2 single beds so they will have to have a bunk bed. Is 22 months too young to go into a single bed? I have a bed rail to go on.

And should I put him into the single bed before or after bubs is born?

Is there anything I can do to help my boys get used to sharing? They've always had their own room.

Thanks again
How long do you have before bub is due?

DS was in a single bed at 14mths with no probs, he wouldnt have a bar of a rail even, so I would try the bed sooner rather than later. Once he is used to the bed, then I would prob put them in the same room, and make other room 'toy room' or get it set up for bub. You don't want too many changes once bub arrives.

I agree the boys can share. I would try to make the changes before bub arrives if you can unless bub will be in your room for a few months. We have our boys in bunk beds, we made it "really exciting" to get the new beds and share. We have VERY strict rules about the top bunk, eg. no jumping, only one person at a time allowed ect. The boys made a potser of the rules to show friends/cousins and they religiously enforce the rules them selves! (they were 3 and 5 when we got the bunks)
The little one will be fine with a bed rail if you think you can get him to stay in bed and not get out. with the bottom bunk you also have the ladder which combined with the bed rail will stop any chance of him falling out.
Good luck.
I'm only 6-7 weeks, so I have heaps of time. I just have heaps of questions. I already have a cot, change table and draws for bub. (will use the cot DS2 is in now) I also have a bassinet for bubs.

Will have to buy a bunk bed, once we get it, should I put the boys in together straight away? I will leave the cot set up.
mmm, up to you if you want to do the room and bed change at the same time, DS would have coped with it easily, but some kids can't cope with too much change, but I would definately have all changes before bub is due. I will have DS and bub sharing a room as our 3rd bedroom is where mine and dh wardrobes are, and that is our 'storage room' as well. When I moved DS into his bed, I left the cot as it was until I was confident that he was ok in the bed (I had already taken the sides off it). Once I was happy that DS was ok in his bed, I put the sides back on the cot and raised the base so it is ready for baby, and now he knows that is for baby.

hth

Sign in to follow this topic