Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Sleep & Settling
  5. getting my baby to sleep

getting my baby to sleep Rss

My son is 6 1/2 months old and I have no problems getting him to sleep during the day though come night time and it is quite hard.I am trying not to get into any bad habits as he has always slept in his cot and i have always put him down and walked away.
I always aim for 7:30pm though he is ALWAYS still awake at 8:30pm-9:00pm.I have tried giving him baths and massaged him with body lotion but he just doesnt get tired and most of the time he will scream until i go in (then he laughs at me hehe cheeky)
When is the supposed "right" time for him to be asleep by?
also is there anything i should be doing?
is it a big deal if he isnt in bed by 7:30 everynight?
It is not a big deal that he is going to bed by 7.30 pm as, it is an evening time and if he wants to play then, let him play for some time. He will automatically get tired and better to feed him so that, he will be fine for along time.

You can make a schedule of sleep and accordingly, you can make him sleep which is very necessary.
I would say at 6 months go with babies tired signs not the clock. If he is sleeping well during the day he may not need to go to bed at 7:30pm. If you have to fight about it every night your two options are cut a day sleep or keep him up a bit later.
Good luck smile
thanks heaps for ur help.i am trying to cut out that afternoon sleep...will let u know how it goes smile
Sign in to follow this topic