Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Gall bladder Removal Lock Rss

Just needing some information about gall bladder removal. I had my gall bladder removed a week ago and have been having sharp pains on my right side. Did you have pains like this post removal, if so how long did it last

Just needing some information about gall bladder removal. I had my gall bladder removed a week ago and have been having sharp pains on my right side. Did you have pains like this post removal, if so how long did it last

yes i had sharp pains especially when id roll in bed. It lasted a fair few weeks! do you have a post opp checkup soon? if not go to your local gp if you are worried. It is normal to have pain thou. its just your body healing inside. i did however have an infection around one of my wounds which was painful also but it sounds more like the normal healing pain from what you described.

Mum to 3 boys

Yes sounds normal to me too, I also found there was like a weird kind of tingling sensation which was apparently the nerves repairing themselves around the incisions.
Hi there, yes sounds normal to me as well. I had my gall bladder out in march this year after having gall stones throughout my pregnancy last year. I found it took a good 3 weeeks to fully recover and pain would come and go. If you are concerned see your gp as they are happy to put your mind at rest.

Good luck with a speedy recovery smile
Sign in to follow this topic