Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

PREGNANT AGAIN Rss

It was 2 weeks after Christmas and 2/3weeks before Kayden's 1st birthday - when i found out i was pregnant with our 2nd baby. I dont know if i should be happy or sad, the weekend before i found out i was pregnant we had discussed that we would try for another one after we got married in October this year. Now we put the wedding off because i am due 4-6weeks before the wedding!

I'm all over the place with emotions because i am starting back to study today, and am only going to be going for 6months not the full year because of the pregnancy. I just dont know how i should be feeling. I know i was pretty emotional while pregnant with Kayden, but you start to worry about more this time already having 1 i think how am i going to carry him and be pregnant. I am also so tired and Kayden is teething, through the night is terrible - i really feel like a nervous reck, any words of wisdom? or any one in the same situation?

cheers Leia

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

sorry 6-8weeks before the wedding

mumsgroup.tk -Kayden 31.1.05 & Tianah 25.8.06

Hi Leia,

Congratulations on your news. This might not be what you want to hear but I think you have been blessed with second baby. I truly believe things happen for a reason and am sure you can work around study and your wedding.

Perhaps you can move your wedding forward? If it is was going to be a big wedding, maybe you can tone it down so you can get it out of the way?

I think its great that your studying, you shouldnt give it up, doesnt sound like you are so thats good. What are you studying out of curiousity?

Just think that you are only going to be held back another year or two. If you decide not to have anymore kids after that then they will pretty much grow up together, go off to daycare or school and then your free to do what you like.

You have every right to feel like a nervous wreck and be worried, and thats quite normal - ur a mum and ur pregnant! I have a 14 month old and am wondering myself when to pop out number two, (if i would be lucky enough to get blessed with no 2 that is). Its probably better sooner rather than later.

Anyway I hope you feel a little better. Just take each day at a time and you will be ok. The hardest part I feel is that first 6 months. After that once bub becomes more responsive the days just fly bly.
Hi Leia

I know the sort of position you are in me and my husband got married 10 days before our daughter was due.

Due to being heavily pregnant we changed a few things around and only invited close family and friends had a nice garden ceremony and had a nice relaxed lunch at a restaurant cafe.

In a way i found it better this way becuase there wasn't as much stress to go through with all the organising to have a big wedding.

We got married last September and instead of having the honeymoon straight away we just had it in late January this year and still had an excellent time although i found out a week before that i'm pregnant with out second bub.

i know what you mean about whether or not you will be able to pick up and playing with your other baby i am worried i won't be able to do much with Jessica she is almost 5 months now. but i figure things will work out and i will find a way to be pregnant and be able to do things with Jess.

hope this helps

Jess 2005, Steph 2006, Chris 2008 and Olly 2009

Hi! Leia,

Your message sounds like a mirror image of what I have gone through over the past two years! My then fiancee had proposed to be 2 months before we realised I was pregnant - it was a complete accident! And I was freaking out because i was going to be 7 months pregnant when I walked down the aisle! We decided to go ahead anyway and I am so glad that we did! It was a wonderful day and I was looking extremely pregnant! I put on a lot of weight during my pregnancy even though I was only 65kgs when i fell pregnant i was 95kgs when i had her! It just didn't seem to matter what i did!

Firstly I also think you have been blessed with a second baby! We are in the process of trying for No 2 and would be delighted if I was in your position! I am also studying so I can totally understand that you are stressed! The first thing that I would do is to see if you can change your course to do it via coresspondance which is what I am doing! Southern Cross University is a great school to deal with if your current university is unable to accommodate you!

Just remember that kids will work around you! You can do it and it will be even more sweeter when everything works out years down the track!

I am always here to talk if you would like to discuss anything!

Cheers! Aletha

Arianna, Reagan & Oakley

Hey,
Ialso think you have been blessed with this baby whats the difference havin it now or later,you were going to have another 1 anyway and their is nothing wrong with having babys out of wedlock we are not living back in the day were it was wrong.
And you already have 1 baby do you really think you could get rid of another,you know how much of a joy they are.
And if you get married after the baby imagine how wonderful it will be to have your 2 beautiful kids there.

Carrie mum of 2

carrie,Qld Brooke/03 &Jake/05

Hi Leia

Congratuations on your second baby and how is the pregnacy going? Its normal to feel like a nerous reck cause it cames with the job of being an mum.

How you and your partner feel about being pregnant again and do you have any family members that could help you out when you both need a break from the children.

I know if it happen to us we would be in shock but at the same we would be happy and over the moon and our daughter is 10 months old and it will be hard to you but you will manage and cope with two children, study, wedding and etc.

Chat soon.

Tracey,Jaye (girl)12/06/05, Sam (boy)10/07/09

babies always seem to come at there own pace dont they
mabey sit down with your partner and dicuss "all" your options
and please remember you have all of us mummies here to help you sweetie
xxxxxxxxx

Lillie....1 year old!!!

Sign in to follow this topic