Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Looking after yourself with a Baby
  5. WHY CANT THERE BE A MUMS DAY OFF????

WHY CANT THERE BE A MUMS DAY OFF???? Rss

As silly as this sounds why cant they dedicate just that one day a year to us mums that work our back sides off day in and day out???
Hair dressers get a "picnic day"
so do panel beaters
Whats wrong with us mums being able to....
-Sleep in one morning
-finish a whole cup of coffee
-do a spot of shopping
-get our hair done
-be able to do lunch with our friends
-possibly if we are really lucky even go out that night for a couple of drinks and a dance and feeling so good about our selves and the way we look....

i think we should all look into it and see how these thins work coz it all sounds like we want the same thing so whats stopping us!!!!!!!
And not mothers day that doesnt count coz its more of a family day
morning everyone.

i make my partner take over sat nights he works all week and tired when he gets home he does half day sat and has sun off, so i make him do all the feeds and bath ect, and i can sleep or go out to tea.
then sun im feeling beter to spend the day with the family.
doing this he knows that i dont sit around all day.

well i do when im on the computer chating> wink

hope you get some time to your self too...
[b]I HEAR YA![/b]
[i]ALL OF THE ABOVE WOULD BE GREAT:)[/u]I CAN'T REMEMBER THE LAST TIME I WENT OUT FOR LUNCH WITH MY FRIENDS OR EVEN GONE OUT FOR A COUPLE OF DRINKS AS MY PARTNER GETS TO GO TO THE PUB AND HAVE A FEW DRINKS WITH HIS MATES BUT CAN'T SEE WHY I COMPLAIN I NEED A BREAK SOMETIMES AS WELL.THE LAST TIME I HAD MY HAIR DONE WAS 2YRS AGO:(
[b]I THINK THAT'S A GREAT IDEA TO HAVE A DAY OFF ONCE A YR THAT WOULD BE BEAUTIFUL............[/b]

My partner asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told him 'one, WHOLE day off'. I honestly can't think of a better present!!!
I hear ya!! I would love a day off, but when i'm not here eveything seem to fall apart.. sad, the babies cry for ages before they get fed, he doesn't change their clothes so their still in pajamas at the end of the day...he just doesn't seem to understand what i do with them during the day, their just put in their cot all day. Whereas i play with them, read to them etc..
Sign in to follow this topic