Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Unhappy bath times Rss

Hi,

My little miss used to be fine in the bath, was even starting to enjoy it. Then about three weeks ago I accidentally splashed some water in her mouth which made her splutter a little and upset her. Ever since then, every time I have bathed her she has screamed the whole time.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make bath time less traumatic, even fun again? She is 15 weeks old, I'm finding it really hard now bathing her as she gets so upset and takes ages to settle down afterwards but when she needs a wash just have to do it!

She is only little, and not really "dirty" yet. Wash her down with a face cloth. Leave the bath. Try again in a few weeks.
Paperclip wrote:
She is only little, and not really "dirty" yet. Wash her down with a face cloth. Leave the bath. Try again in a few weeks.

+1

They really don't need a bath every day at this age. A tops & tails job is more than enough. Hopefully she'll forget about her unpleasant experience in a little while smile
Thanks for the feedback smile

I mostly only bathed her every few days which would often coincide with something messy happening. Tried her in the shower this morning which was fine (she was getting whiffy) and will carry on without bath for a while.

She is very nearly too long for her baby bath now anyway, what do people do before their little ones are able to sit in the bath themselves?

I used to bath my babies in the laundry sink which was deeper than the baby bath and I would support them with one hand and wash with the other - not so easy but it worked fine.
Once they got to about 5 or 6 months and were more or less sitting DH would sit in the bath with them and I'd be waiting with a towel when they finished.
I found holding them in the shower way too dangerous as they get so slippery when wet. smile
Sign in to follow this topic