Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Caring for your Baby
  5. Nappy Rash that won't clear up :-(

Nappy Rash that won't clear up :-( Rss

Hi ladies,

I seem to be having dramas with bubs skin at the moment. She currently has a bad nappy rash that just won't go away.

I've tried mediated cream, natural cream, powder, disposable nappy, no nappy.

Not sure what else to try. Happy for any suggestions!

Hi ladies,

I seem to be having dramas with bubs skin at the moment. She currently has a bad nappy rash that just won't go away.

Try NAPPYMATE NAPPY PASTE! work wonders when mine had it bad, most chemists sell it, comes in a little white round tub got a blue label with a pic of a baby on it.

jade82

Hi ladies,

Have u tried daktozin from the chemist yet?? It always works for me when I've tried everything else
When my boys were born and in hospital one started to get nappy rash with being prem and skin so soft. The nurse reccomended Covitol it is a zinc based cream. It's fantastic after putting it on the next nappy change 4 hours later you could see a huge difference. The only thing I have used. When I mentioned it to mum she said that she used it on me and my brother so been around for years. You just get it from the chemist in the baby section about $4 a tube from memory.

Good luck.

do you use baby wipes?? My son had severe nappy rash as a baby, and i found that he is allergic to baby wipes... stopped using them and it disappeared - baby wipes remove paint off carpet, so you gotta wonder what they do to babies bums!!!! Bepanthan is also fantastic for nappy rash... maybe trip to a doctor to make sure it hasn't progressed to a staph skin infection??
I use Lucas paw paw ointment when DD gets it bad (only been a couple of times so far in 12 months). I just make sure I keep using it for an extra day or two after I think it's cleared up to make sure it really has IYKWIM
Hi

I found that the wipes I was using were causing nappy rash and I found these great wipes called Little Souls. They are half the price of Johnsons and huggies wipes and contain only water and aloe vera. So nothing that will irritate. I also use Lucas Pawpaw ointment whenever anything does pop up which is rare now I switched.

While bub has a rashyou could use warm water to wipe when possible to ease discomfort and help the healing process.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

My daughter got the worst rash, was blistering, bleeding and I had tried every cream available.

I then turned to cornstarch powder, omg, that stuff is the only thing that did the job in a couple if days all clear.

Think the answer was removing all the moisture. I changed to using curash wipes then patting her 100% dry with a tissue, then applying the powder.

Give it a go.
Try Bepanthen Ointment,
It worked wonders with my boy and my mum said she used it with me smile
vasaline cream works well

Hi ladies,

Pawpaw ointment always works well and fast for me....I have been going to use a organic one but i always just use the one i know that works Lucas, the one in the red bottles & jars.

Hi - if the nappy rash has been there for 2 days or more it is very probably fungal and needs a cream from the doctor or chemist. If you go to the chemist I would suggest the fungal cream without the zinc in it at first as it acts faster - you leave it a 10 seconds or something and then put your barrier cream on. Then I strongly suggest Nappy Paste - it is thick as and is meant to go on thick - just wipe your finger on the inside of the nappy when you have put it on coz it stains. We had masses of nappy rash trouble so we used Huggies non scented wipes that I would rinse out a number of times, huggies nappies and nappy paste religiously for 3 years and it worked. Good luck its really frustrating but remember if its been 2 days then its probably fungal. When the rash has gone on for a long time and the skin is damaged I used calendula cream with a wax base (not creamy as it get too moist) from tinderbox (health shops) . Hope this helps. cheers
Sign in to follow this topic