Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Ideas to clear a baby's stuff nose?

Ideas to clear a baby's stuff nose? Rss

4 month has a really stuffy nose. Making it hard for him to sleep or drink milk. Tried baby vicks, karvol, and a saline spray. Doesn't seem to have helped much.
Fess have a saline spray with an applicator thingy that can help...I haven't used it but meant to be helpful.

Vaporiser is meant to help, again I haven't used one. Some people say to turn the shower on to hot and sit in the bathroom with them for 10 mins can help....

Sorry, thats all my ideas. Hope your little one gets over his stuffy nose soon.
We use De-Stuff for kids by kiwi herb, which really seems to help with blocked nose, here's a link to is, it's pretty pricey, we got ours from a health shop and it was $30 but lasts ages and I will buy more when we run out http://www.kiwiherb.co.nz/afawcs0145625/CATID=4...
Other thing is half an onion under the bed/cot is supposed to help, although I haven't tried this.
When DS was about 4 months old he had his first cold and I was told that breast feeding helps with un blocking nose, not sure how, but so if you are BF, keep going smile

Oh yes! Of course! If your BF squirt some breast milk up there, that is meant to help! What breast milk can't do eh?!
Little Egg wrote:
We use De-Stuff for kids by kiwi herb, which really seems to help with blocked nose, here's a link to is, it's pretty pricey, we got ours from a health shop and it was $30 but lasts ages and I will buy more when we run out http://www.kiwiherb.co.nz/afawcs0145625/CATID=4...

We use this also and think it works. Raise the mattress slightly so bubs head is elevated and if it gets really bad, steam helps to clear it I.e. Turn the shower on without the extractor.

Have you got a nose aspirator (a little hand held nostril suction thing)?
We used Kiwiherb too its brilliant stuff and i brought our wee one into the bathroom when i had my shower . the nose suckers work good too if you can see the boogers etc but my wee one hated it
Mo0 wrote:
We used Kiwiherb too its brilliant stuff and i brought our wee one into the bathroom when i had my shower . the nose suckers work good too if you can see the boogers etc but my wee one hated it

I have never used a nose sucker on ds, and have only seen it used once on a one year old at playgroup, the mum held down her screaming child as she sucked his nose out, it was just awful. Tbh if someone said I had to use one or suck it out myself, I would choose to do it myself rather than stick that up my babies nose lol smile

Eggh haha i couldnt do it myself, i can handle poop explosions, vomit any other bodily fluids but boogers lol
my partner did the sucker thing but once wee bub figured out what was going on he would jus flip his head side to side so you couldnt get it into his nose anyway lol
thanks for all your suggestions. Little noses was the saline solution i tried but it didnt do much. There is nothing there to suction out, it is like it is at the very back of the nose/throat.
I will definately have to look at the kiwiherb site tomorrow, had a quick glance and looks good thanks smile
Oh yes, had tilted the cot but didnt do a lot. I do breast feed, but have been exclusively expressing lately as he cant drink properly from the breast. Ewww, i dont think i will be sucking anything out lol.
I couldn't ever use the suction thing, what I did was lay them on my lap with head tilted back, put a couple of drops of fess saline solution in each nostril, this made them cry, so I put my hand over their mouth so the next breath was a huge inhale through their nostrils sucking in the fess. It sounds worse than it is, but it worked everytime.

Aka G&L smile

before bed give your toddler a warm bath leave him there for a bit youll start seeing those suckers come out and suck them out with the nasal aspirator. Put vicks on the soles of his feet and cover with socks (it worked for me!) as well as vicks on his chest. ..saline drops? if the aspirator itself doesn't work..
Sign in to follow this topic