Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Baby's Health
  5. Everything you need to know about immunisation

Everything you need to know about immunisation Rss

http://www.immunise.health.gov.au/internet/immu...

READ THIS GUYS!!!!

Disclaimer: the term everything is not to be taken as sacricanct. Lol.
The link will take you to myths and realities page but if you navigate back a step within the site you will find information on the ingredients and testing as well as other information.
This source is not intended as the be all and end all but offers a lot of easy to understand information.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Whoa Noddy that is a lot of links to so much stuff information!! Any chance you fancy filling me in briefly? smile

Next time the immunisation debate comes up can someone just post this link lol

Can we find one for breastfeeding and solids too

Oh, and wearing socks

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Sorry. The sitem that link takes you to has everything about vaccinations.

The part i found most interesting was the part i found most interesting was the"myths and realities"

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Skubala wrote:
Next time the immunisation debate comes up can someone just post this link lol

Can we find one for breastfeeding and solids too

Oh, and wearing socks

Lol. My sentiment exactly!

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

An unbiased Department of Health website? Interesting. wink
Windmill wrote:
An unbiased Department of Health website? Interesting. wink

Less bias than anti vaccination websites that terrify people into thinking vaccinations cause everything from autism to fatal diseases. Not starting an argument, just saying that really everything you read will have some degree of bias however the more reputable resources reviewed and included in these articles, the more trustworthy it is.

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Bias doesn't mean conspiracy; I wasn't saying that. I have never taken information from "anti vaccination" sources. But there are places to look that are neither pro nor anti, and just give statistics.
Sorry Coop, I don't have them on hand sad

This always happens to me, I have an excellent memory for things I read and then lose track of all of my sources. I'm getting better at saving things though.

I get things from all over the place; it just gradually allows me to build up my knowledge over time.

Maybe someone else might have something though smile
great link- I enjoyed reading that. I actually found it to be quite honest about how vaccines are produced, it didn't read as if they are trying to cover anything up. the graphs were very interesting. Cant really argue with the numbers. In this country I don't understand what the conspiracy would be? Vaccines are free. If not a financial gain, what could they gain except for eradicating disease in the masses?

Rosie

If you go back one step on the website you will find the information you've mentioned.

There are sections regarding risks, ingredients, testing and so forth.

Im not pro vaccinations or anti vaccinations. Im pro informed decision. I vaccination my children and Im happy with that choice.

There is no such thing as an unbiased source of information. Essentially you will find some type of suggestion to favour one side. It might not be that "the government" wants you to vaccinate your children for some reason (which i doubt because i can't see a plausible reason and our government has changed over the years yet the stance on vaccinations stays the same) but perhaps those in charge of producing the documents and websites are swayed to one side.

It doesn't matter which body produces the information there will always be a lean to one side or the other no matter the topic.

Even if you are presented with entirely statistical data to make your own choice you will not be starting with a clean slate because your background will already have given you a tenancy to one way of thinking.

Anyway, if you navigate the site you'll find a lot of information.

And i don't go to my doctor to get vaccinations, i go to population health. They always give me information on the vaccination Im getting while i wait then the nurse will ask if myself and or child are well and discuss risks and gives me information to take home. After the injection Im asked to wait in the waiting room for 15 minutes. Oh and the nurse always discusses how to know if there is an adverse reaction and what to do.
smile

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

I don't know if its a state or nation wide thing but my pop health has done it this way for as long as i can remember.

(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Sign in to follow this topic