Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Constipated baby Rss

Hi, Im just wondering if there is anything you can do for a constipated baby. DD is 10 weeks old and has been screaming in pain all morning sad
Thankyou
breastfed or formula fed?

Breastfed babies can sometimes go a long time without a poo because they're using up ALL of the breastmilk for growth and breastmilk has no waste product.

Formula fed babies need to poo regularly! How many days has it been??

I used to give dd a glycerine suppository and she would poo within the next few hours. Sounds mean but it's better than screaming all day. Plus - I'm a nurse so I'm all about getting a result! lol

Hi, Im just wondering if there is anything you can do for a constipated baby. DD is 10 weeks old and has been screaming in pain all morning sad
Thankyou

If she is bottle fed, I know not many people agree with this, but it does work, you can place a tiny amount of brown sugar in some luke warm water and give her that...

My CHN told me if bub get constipated 5mls of prune or pear juice miwed with 15mls of water should resolve the prob

Hi,

Dissolve a teaspoon of brown sugar in 30 ml luke warm water and give her that.

A nurse gave me this advice and it worked...
My son gets constipated alot I either boil some prunes uop and use the juice or there it some drops u can get from the chemist,

But if its ongoing like my son best to offer a bottle of only luke warm water between feeds to keep the bowes frequently flowing and it never hurts to offer water its good to start on water rather than sugary things that they will get the taste for
My Bub has been formula fed since he was a week old and he started getting constipated after about 2 weeks. I spoke to the Dr and he told me to put a tea spoon of prune juice in his bottle. It rly helps. Bub still has prune juice in his bottle and hes now 8mths old and he hasnt been constipated since grin grin
Sign in to follow this topic