Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

12mth old weight Lock Rss

my DD is 12mths old & has is very sml compared to other bubs her age she has only just hit 8kg but she looks in proportion. she started dropping off at about 5mths & hasnt really gained huge amounts of weight from then we were told by the community nurse to add a good quality olive oil to all her meals feed her full cream milk on breakfast, yoghurts & cheeses & lots of avo to try & add calories to her meals as she is not a big eater, but didnt help her at all, i stopped breast feeding her at 10.5mths she was about 6wks old when she got put on omeperozole for silent reflux i managed to get her weaned off it about 6mths & have had no problems with her reflux since but she just doesnt gain weight i struggle getting her to have any bottles now when she does have her formula i mix up 180mls & she will only drink about 80-120mls per bottle & i try giving her 3 a day but if i skip 1 she will still only drink the same amount i have recently found out i am dairy intolerent & my dietician wants me to cut dairy out of her diet to see if it helps with her weight gain but gp doesnt want me 2 cause she has no proof/symptoms that she is intolerant. what did all ur bubs weigh at this age ?? & what do think about taking a bub of dairy products at this age with out symptoms/proof that there is an intolerence ??
Hi. My DS will turn 3 on Friday and still weighs only 12.5kg. On top of that he is quite tall for his age. At all his health nurse appointments he has been around the 97th percentile for height and about the 10th percentile for weight. To start with I was concerned with this but I had a fantastic health nurse who told me that so long as he is happy and active (as opposed to listless and lethargic) I should not worry about his weight. Force feeding a child at such a young age when they obviously don't want to eat can lead to health and weight issues when they are older whereas teaching them to eat healthy, filling foods when they are hungry encourages a good foundation for a healthier life.
my DD at 12months was 11.8kgs but in saying that at age 3years and 3months we had her weighed today and she is only 15.6kgs.....so she gained all her weight in the first 12months and has not gained a huge amount since. she used to be HUGE for her age, now she is tall but on the thin side for her age (she eats like a horse)

if your baby is happy and healthy and you are doing all you can to fatten her up, i would just keep trying but be happy. as long as your bub isn't sluggish or sickly looking i wouldn't worry smile

my DD is 12mths old & has is very sml compared to other bubs her age she has only just hit 8kg but she looks in proportion. she started dropping off at about 5mths & hasnt really gained huge amounts of weight from then we were told by the community nurse to add a good quality olive oil to all her meals feed her full cream milk on breakfast, yoghurts & cheeses & lots of avo to try & add calories to her meals as she is not a big eater, but didnt help her at all, i stopped breast feeding her at 10.5mths she was about 6wks old when she got put on omeperozole for silent reflux i managed to get her weaned off it about 6mths & have had no problems with her reflux since but she just doesnt gain weight i struggle getting her to have any bottles now when she does have her formula i mix up 180mls & she will only drink about 80-120mls per bottle & i try giving her 3 a day but if i skip 1 she will still only drink the same amount i have recently found out i am dairy intolerent & my dietician wants me to cut dairy out of her diet to see if it helps with her weight gain but gp doesnt want me 2 cause she has no proof/symptoms that she is intolerant. what did all ur bubs weigh at this age ?? & what do think about taking a bub of dairy products at this age with out symptoms/proof that there is an intolerence ??

I really dont think there is anything to worry about. My son is 15 months old and weighs 17kg and the height of a 3yr old. Where as others born around the same time as him are tiny in comparison and classed as small aswell. I think as long as they are healthy and happy thats the main thing smile
My DD is also small for her age, however like yours is in porportion. My DD weighs 8.6kg and we are seeking a Paed on a bi-monthly basis. She was in the 50% from birth, lost no initial weight and maintained 50% percentile until 6mths when she has now continued to slide down the scale. Our Paed is monitoring her weight and we have now been given a prescription formula to assist me with weaning as she is breat fed and has allergies. Why not ask for a referral to a Paed from your GP to get everything double check. Also if your DD is not showing any allergy/intollerance symptoms id keep her on the dairy but at the end of the day im not a doctor.
DS1 weighed 11kg at 12 months but at 19 months he's hardly put on any weight. As pp said as long as bubs is happy and healthy I wouldn't worry to much about what the scales say, all bubs are different.

My bub is just about to turn 1 and he only just hit 8kgs as well. My health nurse isnt worried at all. He isnt a real big eater or drinking and is very active. She said he wouldnt have the energy if he wasent eating enough and also because he is so active he just burns it all up quickly.
our DD is 10.5kg at 16mths, and there is no need to worry, we come in all shapes and sizes..
My DS2 is 12months and 8.7kg which puts him on 7th percentile for weight and he is on 25th (I think could be higher) for height. No one GP or nurse seem concerned as ge sleeps well and is happy. When he was born he was on 50th percentile and gained the most swift in first two months since then he has only put on 3kg in 10months. I think I will be asking for referral when he goes for his immunizations. As for dairy free, I would be asking what to substitue it with and for how long you need to do it for. There are plenty of lactose free alternatives in the shop. Just make sure you are well informed so that her diet is compensated.
My DS2 is 12 and a half months old and weighs just 8.6kgs. He's happy, healthy and meeting all milestones. He was breastfed until 10.5 months when he weaned himself and no one is concerned about his health or weight. Yeah he's small but so am I. Dr says so long as he's eating, sleeping and playing well there is nothing to be concerned about. We are all different shapes and sizes. No need to start the little ones on the road to obesity at such a young age just because someone thinks they should be fatter at a certain age.
thanks ladies its good to hear & put ur mind at ease about it all ive been trying notto think about her weight but the "dairy free" Not just lactose free thing was starting to worry me bubs need their calcium & i know with me now my diet is very limited with no dairy or soy, the gp wouldnt give me a prescription 4 the special formula will have another chat to her nxt wk when DD goes for her needles & see what she says about refering her to pead. 4 testing of intolerences,
our son was always above average with weight & height so its abit strange having a little mini bubba & she seems so baby like compared to our son at the same age (thats sounds weird saying baby like cause she is a bub still) lol!
ds weighed 11.1 at 12 months kinda big but my sister was about 8 kg at 12months there only 6 months difference lol thats why i remember
Sign in to follow this topic