Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

What is your baby doing? Lock Rss

I was just curious to see what others babies are doing and at what age! i was just reading the monthly stages on huggies and it made me wonder.

My DD is 7 months old and is crawling and has been for a few weeks now, she started "army crawling" at 4 months of age. She is now pulling herself up on things and standing up. She can't sit on her own properly yet although when we put her to sit she stays and will crawl off from this position.
I have also just taught her to wave its the most cutest thing cause she waves at herself instead of waving my way lol.
She has 2 teeth and i think another 2 on the way. She also says "Mum" "Dad" and "Bub.

Anyone else want to share what their bub does. Its just so amazing at what babies all do so differently at what times!

My DD is 7mths too. She started rolling at 12wks, but has never figured out to keep going to get somewhere. She has been sitting unaided since six months, but has no interest in crawling. She got her first two teeth at 17weeks, and this week has just cut two more, with another two on the way. She says mum, bub and dad (but has no idea what they mean).
She constantly amazes me!
DD2 is 6 months tomorrow, she rolls both ways but has no interest in crawling and has been sitting up unaided for a minute or two at a time since 4 1/2 months but isn't ready to sit for long periods of time just yet. She's a bit of a parrot and repeats words all the time but has no idea what they mean. She is not interested in standing or weight baring on her legs she just wants to sit up and babble. She is 5.15kg and looks like a 3 month old so I have to remind myself to stimulate her sometimes tongue
my lil boy is 8 weeks n 5 days old, his a breastfeed baby n weighs 5.64kgs he smiles/ laughs n waves n says hello he has perfect head control he only can roll one way he can hold his rattle n shake it n stick it in his mouth he is the most content baby around its amazing how quickly he is learning

my lil boy is 8 weeks n 5 days old, his a breastfeed baby n weighs 5.64kgs he smiles/ laughs n waves n says hello he has perfect head control he only can roll one way he can hold his rattle n shake it n stick it in his mouth he is the most content baby around its amazing how quickly he is learning

Wow are you serious?? 8 weeks old???? Thats quite unbelievable!

Our little man is 4 & 1/2 month old and is so stubborn, does not like mum trying to help with anything! He was rolling at 3 months and can now sit by himself for a few minutes at a time although he's not real keen on sitting. If he is being held he pulls himself up, much prefers to stand with his hands being held than sitting. It is just amazing how much personality and determination they have at such a young age!

Oh wow, all of these stories make my daughter sound quite lazy!

She is very nearly nine months. At four months, she rolled from back to front and at six months rolled all the way over. So she used to get around by rolling, but in the last couple of weeks she has started commando crawling so has lost interest in rolling. She cannot get herself into a sitting position, but if I put her there she can stay for a short time.

She waves hello and goodbye to people. She also waves at photographs of herself. She has just started to stroke our cat properly - she used to just pull its fur or poke it in the face. The rabbit still only gets poked though.
Hello all first time, and excited mums

As a first time mum myself of a 9.5mths boy, I too was keeping a close eye on my childs growth and development. The growth issue is a topic best left to your local district nurse or GP. Only you and they know your family history and can tell you what's normal. From the development side, I started to become stressed as our little boy could sit from an early age, but not crawl or roll over. My goodness, babies at 3mths can roll over, what's wrong with my little boy. But as a friends dear mother said "all babies will roll over, sit, dance and play; it's just when they want too and not when a book says they should".

Our little boy took his first steps on Saturday. Instead of worrying about what he cannot do (roll and crawl), we're celebrating his achievements. Enjoy every moment, they grow up so quickly.
N is 11 months and today he started shaking his head as if to say "no" so cute. He can also crawl, tries to wave, cruises around funiture stand on his own, tries to talk (but hasn't said any actual words yet).

thats pretty early to be doing that, and talking too??
My DD is 18 weeks, can roll both ways, sit for a minute or two, holds her bottle, is making first attempts at trying to crawl (can get her knees up under her), babbling heaps, she's really good at pulling hair wink, can stand for quite a while with you holding her hands... and also she has just cut her first tooth.
I am not too fussed about what she is or isnt doing, figure she will do everything eventually and I already think she is growing up too fast, so I am hoping she will take her time with things!

DD is 10 months old and is on the verge of walking. She just cut her fourth tooth (all four on the bottom!) and she claps hands and gives hi-5's but just can't seem to get the waving. usually when we wave at her she just gets excited and starts kicking and giggling!
she has been army crawling for about 5 months, i was recently worried she wasn't crawling on her knees until i saw her do it one day to get over some toys on the floor. i sometimes wonder if she only does it when she thinks i'm not looking!
she has started to pull herself up on everything and just a couple of days ago i watched her move along the bed for three steps! excited! (and yet slightly apprehensive! i'm going to have to start being much quicker soon!)
she says mum when she is upset and dad when she is excited!(kinda shows you that mum provides the comfort and dad gives the good times lol!)
Sign in to follow this topic