Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

My baby is bored Rss

Hi there

My 3 month old is suddenly bored with all her toys. If I put her on a play mat or in a gym, she is crying within two minutes...the swing is a no-go, so is the rocker and her bouncer. She is only happy if I am entertaining her with my singing and dancing routines smile, which I am more than happy to do, but it becomes very tiring to have to do that all day long. I've noticed she becomes very frustrated when she grabs the hanging toys on the play gym and rocker, but they are attached and she can't put them in her mouth.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the little lady to entertain herself if only for awhile so I can sterilise her bottles? Any help would be appreciated!

Have you tried one of those Baby Einstein DVD's? I have the Baby Mozart one, which was reccommended by a friend and my little girl loves it.

I'm not a big believer in using the TV as a babysitter, but they're really educational with nice music and pretty shapes that young babies really love.

Hope this helps!

Hi there,
Thats pretty funny- singing and dancing routines.lol
Ummm my son gets a bit bored of his toys too so i know what ya saying.
I dont really have much advice except for....keep on dancing,haha .
Or you could try giving her some things from around the house to explore.I gave my son a packet of chippies(unopened) to rustle up a noise.I give him whatever is available wherever i am..plastic cups,plastic bottles,cd case,...things that cant harm him.
Also mirrors can be quite entertaining if she can see herself in it, put it on the floor or lean it against the couch.
My son also likes to watch me do household chores, i bring him to the room im in put him in walker, on floor,highchair or jolly jumper and he watches me cook,fold washing,vacuum and even watches me shower,lol
He hates to be alone in a room but i hope he gets over that.
Goof luck

maybe you could give her teething rings if she is trying to put the toys from her gym in her mouth. she is getting towards the age where everything goes in their mouths as their way of learning about the world!

Its very normal - they often leap ahead mentally, but their bodies can't do what they want them to do - like crawl or walk.

A good one I do is put them in a high chair and drag it around so they can watch me doing the chores. Its really fascinating for them and I can get things done without having to pander to DS every 5 minutes or so when he is bored and frustrated.

Best of luck.

DD is 3yr 8 months - DS is 6 months

Hi
My DD is 3 months too and I have bought links (you can buy them from Target etc) to hang her toys off her bouncer and playgym so that they are long enough for her to put in her mouth. Also, if you put some toys away for a couple of days and then swap them she will hopefully be more intersted in them. I have heard that lots of people have had success with the mirror but I haven't tried it yet and I take DD with me outside in her bouncer when I hang clothes out. I think at this age its normal for them to want to play with you all them time (when do they stop! LOL).

Sign in to follow this topic