Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

My shadow Rss

Hi all , anyone got any advice for me ? My dd who is a little over 1 yr old is very clingy ( thanks to dp carrying her around all the time) in part , how do I get anything done ah I don't because I can't do it one handed and my back it murdering me slowly and painfully I have back issues any way . I would like her to have a little bit more independence I can't even move or she will start crying any advice would be helpfull thanks
Does she walk yet? I found this was easier when dd started walking. She would either follow me around or just seemed more confident to be alone when she could walk for some reason. You could also set up a toy she really likes next to you as you do something. For example I give dd all the plastic bowls to play with while I'm in the kitchen so I can prepare food/clean etc right next to her.

Also sometimes just walk out and say "mummys just going to the toilet, I'll be right back". She might not quite understand and she might even have a little cry but she will soon get that you always come right back.

steph19 wrote:
Does she walk yet? I found this was easier when dd started walking. She would either follow me around or just seemed more confident to be alone when she could walk for some reason. You could also set up a toy she really likes next to you as you do something. For example I give dd all the plastic bowls to play with while I'm in the kitchen so I can prepare food/clean etc right next to her.

Also sometimes just walk out and say "mummys just going to the toilet, I'll be right back". She might not quite understand and she might even have a little cry but she will soon get that you always come right back.
Yes she is walking smile I have been say I am just going to the ..... But she still does get very upset sad for eg I will be in the kitchen sorting dinner and I go to the fridge and she will start crying , just because I move a few steps she has taken to hold inning onto my pants so I can't get to far lol thank you so much for replying
My little girl who is nearly 19 months does the same thing somedays, sometimes we have a play with her toys and then I say I just have to go do this or that and ask if she would like to come, when I'm preparing veggies for dinner she helps me get things out of fridge and sits on the bench while I get them ready some nights, occasionally she gets upset if I leave the room I just go to where I have to go quickly and come back and say see I'm back I didn't leave you etc,
Hope this helps you, it maybe just a phase too smile
Blah_Blah89 wrote:
My little girl who is nearly 19 months does the same thing somedays, sometimes we have a play with her toys and then I say I just have to go do this or that and ask if she would like to come, when I'm preparing veggies for dinner she helps me get things out of fridge and sits on the bench while I get them ready some nights, occasionally she gets upset if I leave the room I just go to where I have to go quickly and come back and say see I'm back I didn't leave you etc,
Hope this helps you, it maybe just a phase too smile
ok at least I am not the only one smile thank you
I think they all go thru this stage. Just keep reassuring her that you're just doing * and you'll be back in a minute. I find just constantly chatting about what I'm doing as I'm doing it helps to distract my little fella. Or I try to get stuff done when he's in bed if he's extra clingy!
crochet_mumma wrote:
I think they all go thru this stage. Just keep reassuring her that you're just doing * and you'll be back in a minute. I find just constantly chatting about what I'm doing as I'm doing it helps to distract my little fella. Or I try to get stuff done when he's in bed if he's extra clingy!

Ok,will keep that up smile
Sign in to follow this topic