Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. I don't know what to do with him anymore...

I don't know what to do with him anymore... Rss

I'm really really regretting changing DS to a bottle. It's been 1.5 weeks, and my happy baby who slept well during the day has turned into a grumpy baby who isn't sleeping enough during the day (sleeps 13-14hours at night now, so I'm thankful for that!). But he wakes up grumpy cos he's tired, he only feeds 30-50ml at a time, and just spends the whole time he is awake grizzling and sucking his lip as if he's starving. I just don't know what to do, how to get him to sleep better, how to get him to feed better, and how to get my happy little boy back...

Oh no Pumpkin. It hasn't been an easy ride for you has it? sad

Why did you change him to the bottle (not judging, just wondering)? If your milk hasn't dried up would putting him back on the breast be an option for you?

Sorry, I have no idea about the sleep. I've got my own issues in that department...

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

I was having milk supply issues, (cyclic, milk would disappear the week before and the week of my period...) and it was just getting to me. He went from sleeping through to feeding 2-3 times a night, and i was constantly stressing about him not getting enough milk, and then to top it off DH and I got sick and my milk supply pretty much disappeared. I tried and tried to get him to take a bottle so I could mix feed, but he refused and the only way I could get him to take one was to stop cold turkey. And I know I could have expressed a couple days until he was taking the bottle and then mix fed, but I would always have worried about him stopping taking the bottle again and so I just went straight to formula. I miss it, I miss the ease, I miss his little hand searching for mine to hold while he fed, and I'm still worried about him not drinking enough. But now it's up to him, it's there for him to take so if he doesn't drink I guess he isn't hungry...

I think part of his problem is I'm changing everything at once. I used to put blankets over the hood of his a bassinet and make it as dark as possible, but since he is outgrowing the bassinet I need to put him in his cot so I've stopped the blankets and it's super light in his room during the day. He kind of outgrew the bassinet overnight though, one day he was fine and the next day I kept finding him with his head squished against the top....

I know we will get there, it's just I don't handle grumpiness for no reason, I get hugely frustrated and then I start getting mad at him and short with DD. And that's not fair on anyone... Give it a couple of months though and I will look back and say that wasn't so bad, let's have another baby tongue

Oh, hope your little ones get better! It's awful when they are sick and you can't do anything about it sad I can't really complain, at least mine are healthy!

Raspberry Sundae wrote:
Sorry it's turned pear shaped. sad

Have you tried the next size up teat? I found that could make a difference to how well they would drink.

I'm already on size three teat. I think sometimes that it's too big, because he makes a huge mess and gets quite a bit of wind, but when I tried the smaller teat he sucked for ages and only drank 50ml... That's what got dd to finally take a bottle though smile thanks!

Sign in to follow this topic