Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Baby
  4. Your Baby - General Chat
  5. OMG!!! IM GOING TO KILL SOMEONE!!!

OMG!!! IM GOING TO KILL SOMEONE!!! Rss

OMG!!! I CAN't BELIEVE IT!!!

Some P.O.S in ISRAEL!!! has been making charges to my visa debit card totally over $1000!!!!

I just logged on to net bank after a couple of weeks (we don't have the net right now as we're in the middle of switching companies.. but I was able to get a usb wireless one a couple of days ago).. I said to my husband the other day I thought we had at least $1000 more... WELL NOW I CAN SEE THE CHARGES!!

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD! I called the bank and I have to go in and speak to someone. I'm waiting for my father to come and get me now cause I am literally losing it!! I'm stressing so much I think my baby is going to pop out!! I could kill someone!!! sad sad sad angry angry angry

I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO ISRAEL!!! Or have any ties with the country! I have no idea how this happened!! When I shop online (rarely) I use paypal!! OMG...
OH NO! sad

i hope you get it sorted - try not to stress.
That happened to me in July - account was cleared in Amsterdam sad
The bank teller was able to tell me that someone had taken the money out of my savings account at a bank there - it wasn't even my credit card! They lodged a dispute claim and the fraud dept is looking into it. I will get my money back when they find in my favour, but it's been nearly 7 weeks.
Even better, I got charged $10 for using an overseas ATM and about 30 euro for withdrawing euro instead of AU$... angry
I hope they help you out and it gets sorted soon.
Best of luck
Thats scary, how the hell do they get your details??

OMFG!!! I CAN't BELIEVE IT!!!

Some P.O.S in ISRAEL!!! has been making charges to my visa debit card totally over $1000!!!!

I just logged on to net bank after a couple of weeks (we don't have the net right now as we're in the middle of switching companies.. but I was able to get a usb wireless one a couple of days ago).. I said to my husband the other day I thought we had at least $1000 more... WELL NOW I CAN SEE THE CHARGES!!

IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD! I called the bank and I have to go in and speak to someone. I'm waiting for my father to come and get me now cause I am literally losing it!! I'm stressing so much I think my baby is going to pop out!! I could kill someone!!! sad sad sad angry angry angry

I'VE NEVER EVEN BEEN TO ISRAEL!!! Or have any ties with the country! I have no idea how this happened!! When I shop online (rarely) I use paypal!! OMG...

How annoying! Someone has obviously gotten hold of your visa debit details (whether by skimming at an ATM or by getting your account details from your mailbox, ie pinching a statement or online). It should be fairly straightforward to prove its fraudulent use - given you are here and the charges are being made in Israel.

Its annoying and inconvienent but they will sort it out. A few years back we moved homes and informed the bank before doing so of our new address - well they sent DHs new credit card to our new address - when we got that I thought hang on, where's mine... so rang Westpac who said it had been sent... I said to where and they quoted my old address.... meanwhile there had been $2500 racked up on the card. They sent it straight to their fraud department and the amount was taken off my card straight away.
Just got back from the bank.

Its a random number generator they use... no skimming, no getting numbers from online transactions etc etc.. they just randomly generate numbers until they find something that works. When they get something that works, they imprint the number on the card, not even a real bank card, go round and use it until it gets canceled or locked. Basically, BAD LUCK TO ME.

I'M LIVID. They said it will take UP TO 30 days until I get my money... well thats great. I'm 21 days out from my due date. My husband gets paid monthly, I get no centerlink benefits, I'm not working, and I have bills to pay... so I guess I'll go live on the street and eat dirt.

Just got back from the bank.

Its a random number generator they use... no skimming, no getting numbers from online transactions etc etc.. they just randomly generate numbers until they find something that works. When they get something that works, they imprint the number on the card, not even a real bank card, go round and use it until it gets canceled or locked. Basically, BAD LUCK TO ME.

I'M LIVID. They said it will take UP TO 30 days until I get my money... well thats great. I'm 21 days out from my due date. My husband gets paid monthly, I get no centerlink benefits, I'm not working, and I have bills to pay... so I guess I'll go live on the street and eat dirt.

OMG that's outrageous! I hope you get your money back asap... what a lousy thing to happen so close to your due date sad
You poor thing. I just cant believe some people, it really is just awful. If you are desperate you could try speaking to anyone you have bills with and usually they will make repayment arrangements or extensions. Just what you needed right now...but i guess at least you are getting the money back, that is a relief, fingers crossed its before your bub comes along. Try not to stress too much! Easy to say i know...good luck i guess its lucky you didnt leave it any longer before noticing xx
Thanks for the sympathy ladies :'( I feel so shytty!!! I can't believe someone would do this to my family. I know we weren't personally targeted but you can't help but take it personally!

I can't even sleep now!! My card has been locked by the fraud investigation team and the other card I had linked to the account has been canceled and completely taken off the system. I have no way to even access what we do have until the bank sorts out a new card. I have $130 in my purse which was to buy my dog's worming tablets today. They are about $90 sad Like I said previously, my husband gets paid monthly, which was just the other week) and as soon as he does he moves everything but a couple of hundred to my account so I can manage the bills and savings etc... so we literally have access to about $300 right now. Thank goodness the pantry and fridge are stocked!!

Re-reading the papers from the bank, it doesn't say 'up to 30 days' it says 'in EXCESS of 30 days'... *sigh*... :'(

Think I'll go lay fetal in the corner.. sad
How f*ing annoying for you, especially so close to your due date. Look I know its a longshot but I would go back and speak to your bank manager and ask for a small temporary overdraft on your 'new' account. I'd say I've been a customer for x years, you can see from my records we have x amount go in monthly. As they are aware of this problem with the security of their bank cards it seems grossly unfair that you should be penalised. Worse comes to worse break out the waterworks; your due soon, no money, no food, do they expect you to beg on the streets???

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

I recently had my face book hacked, which resulted in my hotmail being hacked and now I've had notifications that I have tried to set up internet banking with old accounts that are still open, but I am not using.

When my fb got hacked, apparently they download all the information about you in your computer, when my hotmail got hacked they sent an email from "me" to everyone in my contact list and it had a link, so people assuming it was me clicked on the link and this has let hackers download info off their computers now too. So far, my father in laws bank account got hacked, but his bank saw a foreign person trying to access it and they tried to take $35 000! They retrieved it and now big security on his accounts.

The guy from my bank said if you have face book, these people have field days on there, because we supply our full names and DOB, which is the main thing the bank verifies that we are saying who we are. So, I've had to shut down my face book. Sorry for the essay I've written, its hard to believe germs make a living by ripping people off!
definitely go and ask for an emergency overdraft. Poor you its a horrible feeling right.
Sign in to follow this topic