Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

June babes 2011 Rss

thanks for the advice Nessco, but I think with the thrush on top of the supply dropping we are both better off if I stop. I think part of why I'm so emotional is (I feel like crap &) this is to be our last baby, so i'll never breast feed again. the only memories I will have of breast feeding Mikayla is of pain. sad sad sad sorry. anyway decision is made my milk is almost gone now and it is too painful to consider trying to keep my supply going by expressing until we are both clear (this is slightly less painful that feeding her).

better go Mikayla is waking up.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Hey everyone!
We've all been hit with a cold even poor Mia sad she too little to get sick sadsad
She actually doing pretty good considering me a DP feel like we've been hit by a truck lol she's alert, still feeding like a champ and not unsettled. And she's still sleeping from 10pmish to 6amish! Compared to DS it's heaven!
BrookieB: sorry to hear you were having so much trouble with trying to BF. Both DS & DD never had trouble feeding and I really feel for people who can't sad but your health and mikaylas health is the most important thing and if that means FF so be it.
Hope everyone is doing well and don't get a stupid cold!!
thank you all for your support. I've always been pretty easy going about feeding (BF or FF what ever bubs needs) but i think the thrush is hurting me and just making everything hard.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

I wish my supply would dwindle. Eric feeds every hour over several hours and it's doing my head in. I hate being confined to a chair (my abs and back muscles still aren't 100% so walking for log periods is out) while he sleep feeds. DP gave him two formula bottles last night/this morning coz I refused to wake up. I'm just so exhausted and waking every two hours at night and sitting there for up to and beyond 30mins is killing me. I'm considering weaning him now, I was going to wait til 3 months coz that's how long DD was BF for but I don't think I can do it. I expressed just now and got 100mls for him and it only took 15mins! I could just express but even that will get tedious.
BF just isn't for me. Never enjoyed it with DD (latching issues) and not enjoying it now. I'm just glad I've got a bub that has no problem with switching between bottle, nipple and nipple shield. And I know I'll feel better when I can buy a pretty bra that doesn't come with unclipable cups! Lol.

Anyone got any tips for keeping an older child happy? DD is being unruly and since I have no energy to play it feels like she's doing it just to annoy me. I feel so bad that all my time seems to be taken up feeding and settling Eric and she's missing out. She's so full of beans that she needs loads of stimulation which I'm not giving her. I've booked her in for a second day at daycare from next month but even that won't be enough to keep her satisfied. So anyone got any activities we can do that don't make much mess or noise?

How do u change the lilypie ticker? I know I use the psudo but what do u delete before and after the signature?

On the lilypie web site, there is a "ubb" code. Use that one and then you don't have to delete anything. I had problems trying to do mine and I found that advice most useful.

BrookieB – you poor thing. I feel for you. I remember how hard it was just to do formula top ups with Greyson. Just remember, at the end of the day – you just want Mikayla to be a healthy bub and not have to endure any pain. I’m so sorry that your breast feeding memories with her will not be good memories.
Skubala – hang in there honey. You’ll find these forums really good for support. With my first, we still catch up regularly on facebook and share photos etc. Those babies were born in November 07 so we’ve been going for almost 4 years. It’s great to compare stories and know that you’re not alone. Have you got Charlotte’s tongue tie sorted out yet? Feeding gets much easier once that’s done. I went through that with my first. I know what you mean about determination to keep breastfeeding. I had everyone telling me to give up but I made it to about 11 months with DS. I’ve decided this time, I’m not going to stress myself out, if it doesn’t work, I’ll just switch.
Declan&miasmummy – hope your family recovers quickly and hits that nasty cold on the head.
Tahra&Kate – I know what you mean about the feeding every hour. Nina does it in the evening starting from about 4pm thru to 6pm. It’s so exhausting. Last night I was so lucky and she slept until 4.20am. It was heaven. Do you have anyone around that can maybe take your DD to the park or just sit and play with her whilst you tend to Eric? Maybe once he switches to formula, you will be in a better position to do stuff with her? I can’t think of anything sorry. DS just likes to hang around whilst I feed Nina and it gets a bit much sometimes. I just ask him nicely to give me a break and then try to spend time with him when Nina is sleeping. He also likes to try and help Nina get to sleep by rocking her chair or just watching over her.
As for me, nothing much to report really. Things are moving along. Sometimes bf is going well and well and other times not so well. It tends to be harder in the afternoon/evening. I still leak in bed so sleep on top of a towel or with it wrapped around me. DH gave Nina a bottle last night as he saw how often she was feeding. Thing is, I can see she gets milk each time as she is also a messy feeder and it dribbles down her chin. She just wants to feed every half hour to hour and it gets so tiresome. She always falls asleep when feeding and nothing I do seems to keep her awake. She took about 80ml from the bottle. I’m sure I would have had that available if she’d just stay on and not fall asleep. Does anyone else have issues where their bubs fall asleep all the time whilst feeding or just keep coming off and then re-attaching? Would love to know what I can do to stop these practices.

Anyone got any tips for keeping an older child happy? DD is being unruly and since I have no energy to play it feels like she's doing it just to annoy me. I feel so bad that all my time seems to be taken up feeding and settling Eric and she's missing out. She's so full of beans that she needs loads of stimulation which I'm not giving her. I've booked her in for a second day at daycare from next month but even that won't be enough to keep her satisfied. So anyone got any activities we can do that don't make much mess or noise?

Yesterday DS was going nuts so I cut up heaps of coloured paper into hearts, squares and circles. Gave him a tub of glue and some of those craft icypole sticks and some paper and let him glue/draw whatever an ignored the mess (kept him occupied for nearly an hour!)

BrookieB – you poor thing. I feel for you. I remember how hard it was just to do formula top ups with Greyson. Just remember, at the end of the day – you just want Mikayla to be a healthy bub and not have to endure any pain. I’m so sorry that your breast feeding memories with her will not be good memories.
Skubala – hang in there honey. You’ll find these forums really good for support. With my first, we still catch up regularly on facebook and share photos etc. Those babies were born in November 07 so we’ve been going for almost 4 years. It’s great to compare stories and know that you’re not alone. Have you got Charlotte’s tongue tie sorted out yet? Feeding gets much easier once that’s done. I went through that with my first. I know what you mean about determination to keep breastfeeding. I had everyone telling me to give up but I made it to about 11 months with DS. I’ve decided this time, I’m not going to stress myself out, if it doesn’t work, I’ll just switch.
Declan&miasmummy – hope your family recovers quickly and hits that nasty cold on the head.
Tahra&Kate – I know what you mean about the feeding every hour. Nina does it in the evening starting from about 4pm thru to 6pm. It’s so exhausting. Last night I was so lucky and she slept until 4.20am. It was heaven. Do you have anyone around that can maybe take your DD to the park or just sit and play with her whilst you tend to Eric? Maybe once he switches to formula, you will be in a better position to do stuff with her? I can’t think of anything sorry. DS just likes to hang around whilst I feed Nina and it gets a bit much sometimes. I just ask him nicely to give me a break and then try to spend time with him when Nina is sleeping. He also likes to try and help Nina get to sleep by rocking her chair or just watching over her.

Nesco in hospital Willow was doing the same thing and they were concerned about her weight so I had to strip of her clothes for every feed and use a wet face washer on her body to wake her. It did seem to work for Willow. Good luck with it
As for me, nothing much to report really. Things are moving along. Sometimes bf is going well and well and other times not so well. It tends to be harder in the afternoon/evening. I still leak in bed so sleep on top of a towel or with it wrapped around me. DH gave Nina a bottle last night as he saw how often she was feeding. Thing is, I can see she gets milk each time as she is also a messy feeder and it dribbles down her chin. She just wants to feed every half hour to hour and it gets so tiresome. She always falls asleep when feeding and nothing I do seems to keep her awake. She took about 80ml from the bottle. I’m sure I would have had that available if she’d just stay on and not fall asleep. Does anyone else have issues where their bubs fall asleep all the time whilst feeding or just keep coming off and then re-attaching? Would love to know what I can do to stop these practices.
Nessco, haven't got tongue tie sorted yet, I'm waiting to go to the BF day stay unit next week. Charlotte cried for 12 hours yesterday despite all efforts to calm her down and she wasn't having decent feeds either. Took her to the GP today and she's lost 330g in a week and ?suspecting reflux. I have to express and record volume of milk she's having for next 24hrs and see pediatrician in the morning and she may need to be admitted to hospital. I'm feeling really down today, I just wish I could feed my baby and not be constantly worried if she has had enough and it kills me to see her so distressed and not able to do anything for her! I hope the pediatrician has some answers tomorrow

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

I feel your pain Skubala. Ask them to do a frenulotomy (I think that's what it is called) where they snip just under the baby's tongue. It makes a huge improvement and takes them under a minute to do. Just make sure that you have some milk ready to giver her as soon as it's done.
With DS, I used to express during the night (even though he slept through) and various times during the day and always kept a record of how much I was expressing. I did this for a few months to try and keep up my supply. I was also taking domperidone (prescription to increase milk supply) and it was amazing how much more I was expressing after starting that. They probably won't give you that so early on though as I had to go through heaps of other avenues and exhaust them all before I got that. Fenugreek is a herb/vitamin that you can buy in the shops over the counter which is also meant to assist in supply. I found it didn't work too well with me but my friend found it very useful. This was one of the things I had to try before the prescription.
Hope this info helps. I guess the most important thing is not to stress (and I know it's easier said than done) as this will not help you in anyway.

I went thu hell bf DS but was determined so I've done heaps of research and learnt lots along the way. Hopefully I can help others before it's too late. Remember that the most important thing is your bubs health and not what our preferred feeding desires are. That was a very hard lesson for me.

Forgot to add just in case it hasn't been mentioned to you already that your baby will get way more milk out of you than you will ever get from expressing so don't get disheartened if you don't express as much as what you think your baby needs. smile

Nesco
in hospital Willow was doing the same thing and they were concerned about her weight so I had to strip of her clothes for every feed and use a wet face washer on her body to wake her. It did seem to work for Willow. Good luck with it

As for me WIllow has gone through nearly a carton of 144 new born nappies, is this normal for a new born to poo so much??? She is being BF
Sign in to follow this topic