Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

June babes 2011 Lock Rss

Hi Ladies,

Phew! It's been a while since I've had the time to post. (Even now I'm typing with two fingers while nursing!) We are settling in to life as a family of four. Love having DH home- he's a champ! Getting much less sleep than we need, but more than we had when Gabe was a bub! So, need to be grateful for that! Gideon is feeding well and giving us lots of windy Elvis-half smiles.

Brookie: Oh! I know exactly how excruciating thrush can be! I had recurrent breast thrush for THREE MONTHS with Gabe as a baby. And you would have found that the traditional treatments for damaged nipples actually make a thrush infection worse. I went through all the treatment options and eventually had to take some hardcore medication to kick it. This was the major fear for me with DS2: not labour but starting breastfeeding. I'm currently taking daily Inner Health Plus and Yakult to try to avoid it again. I really hope your situation gets sorted quickly.

Hi ladies
i can finally join you.

Flynn Christopher was born in the wee hours of the 29th. All going well so far apart from the sleep deprivation. 5 hrs in about 40 hrs is starting to catch up with me.

Hope everyone is well. Will pop back in later. xxx
Hey everyone!
How is everyone coping with thier new bubs? Mia is an angel she barely cries and is just perfect! A big difference to DS (silent reflux & severe colic) he screamed from the day he was born until 4 months old and has always had sleeping problems (still not sleeping through grr!) so it's very refreshing to have a good baby!
I hope you all are enjoying your bubbies =)
I have time to post! Eric just had more boob so he's crashed. He's feeding like a champ. We have latching issues so yesterday I expressed instead of feeding him as my poor nipples were killing me! Didn't help coz I hardly got anything out. Bought some nipple shields and things are better. Still slightly painful but better then before. MW was happy with it so that's good. Seeing an LC tomorrow just to see what they say but knowing how they are it'll probably be a waste of time as I'm quite happy to give him formula top ups and the last LC I saw was so against it she made me feel like a failure before my milk had even come in. Still cranky about that.
He's put on a whopping 10grams since birth! Lol. Considering he was down 130g on Tuesday and up 10g today that's pretty good in my book. Going to the Dr on Monday I hope to get the week old weight and see how things are.

I'm dying for a day at home. Had Eric on Sunday, came home on Monday but was out before hand, went out twice on Tuesday, did groceries on Wed but forgot nappe\ies so had to go out again today, going out tomorrow. UGH! My Dad is apparently coming to meet Eric on Saturday so I'm refusing to get out of pj's, on sunday Mum's taking me pram shopping. She wants to buy something big and all we need is a pram as she bought our cot and change table last time. Then daycare and Dr on Monday. I just want to rest. Sucks being the only driver in this house! Anyway, whinge over. smile

DP's been great. He's off work for three weeks and pretty much doing everything. Cooking, cleaning, making bottles. It's his birthday next week so I'm going to do something nice for him. Don't know what it'll be yet though...

I'll catch up on the other posts later, right now dinner is calling!

oww gabesmumma 3 months!!!! that nearly made me cry. I have had a flare up in the last two days, so feeding is really painful again. just as I thought it was improving. I was not very strict on DD2 treatment, as 1ml seems like such a huge dose, that is the adult dose also. but I guess I will have to step it up now. FX by this time next week I will be clear. I hope!!!. it just hurst so much to feed, but I really want to BF her. so I'm very teary right now.

sorry for the hijak.

congratulations to dani09, glad you chose to join us. hope life is settling down for everyone. if it wasn't for this thrush things would be great for us. Mikayla sleeps well, only waking once a night if that. she is a happy little thing.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

Hi Brooke, just in case you haven't seen this, here is the Women's Hosp reference sheet on thrush. It has some great diet tips that really helped me.

My link

I think the Daktarin works better than the Nilstat but see how you go. I eventually was treated with 150mg Diflucan every second day for a week: very expensive but a life saver!

I've had a few worrying signs myself that I've been trying to ignore!

Will write more later... bubs needs a feed.

Hi ladies

Well i have a little trooper on my hands. Flynn is 8 days old and has passed his birth weight by over 200g already. He has stacked on a whopping 400g in 4 days but all my kids have been big weight gainers. I must have very fatty breastmilk and as my midwives say 'Im a good cow"!!

Flynn is feeding every 3-4 hours and every now and then will give me 5 hours of a night time. He has picked up a slight cold from my other 2 kids but thank fully becuase im feeding he isnt producing snot just a little blocked up. He also has very small nasal passages which isnt helping.

My older 2 absolutely love Flynn and are very gentle with him. They let him be when he is sleeping and dont disturb him too much (he sleeps on the lounge in his bassinette)However when he is awake all they want to do is hold him. I have attached a photo, hopefully you can open it.

Hope everyone is doing ok with their new cherubs and getting some sleep.
thanks Gabesmamma I got that one from the MCHN, and they also gave me the phone number of the GP who wrote it. this is what helped me wrok out that it was thrush.
well girls I'm all done.I have struggled with the breast feeding for 4 weeks but I can do it no more. it is still very painful during and after feeds. but the main reason I am stopping is my supply is going, i had to give Mikayla 2 formula feeds jsut to get her through the day yesterday, cause she had taken both sides and was then hungry 2.5 hrs later and I had nothing left for her, then in the evening she feed from both sides (emptied them) and was still hungry. so I have decided to express for the next few days but wean her off the breast milk (((SIGH))). i'm feeling quite emotional about this decision, but it is what is best for her. this happen when feeding DD1 also but that was at 11 weeks not 4. I don't think it is just a growth spurt as she is taking the same amount of formula as when I express (over night if she doesn't wake for the feed) but she is sleeping longer in between feeds.

as I said I truly believe this is what is best for Mikayla other wise I would be battling on through the pain. so yeah..... that is where I'm at.

I hope life is settling down for you all.
hugs to the bubbies.

Two beautiful girls, hubby working from home makes one happy mumma smile
[url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb2f.lilypie.com...]

well girls I'm all done.I have struggled with the breast feeding for 4 weeks but I can do it no more. it is still very painful during and after feeds. but the main reason I am stopping is my supply is going, i had to give Mikayla 2 formula feeds jsut to get her through the day yesterday, cause she had taken both sides and was then hungry 2.5 hrs later and I had nothing left for her, then in the evening she feed from both sides (emptied them) and was still hungry. so I have decided to express for the next few days but wean her off the breast milk (((SIGH))). i'm feeling quite emotional about this decision, but it is what is best for her. this happen when feeding DD1 also but that was at 11 weeks not 4. I don't think it is just a growth spurt as she is taking the same amount of formula as when I express (over night if she doesn't wake for the feed) but she is sleeping longer in between feeds.

BrookieB, if you really want to continue with breastfeeding then speak to your doctor about a prescription for domperidone. I used this with my son to continue breastfeeding when my supply was inadequate. I was so intent to breastfeed and was devastated at 3 months when I was told to offer him formula after a feed as he was getting enough from me.

At the end of the day, it's your decision and I've learnt that you're right that the most important thing is your baby's health and not whether or not you want to feed one way or another. However, domperidone works wonders and you will both notice the difference if you start using it. I have a number of other tips and tricks for increasing supply as I went through so many issues with my son, it's a matter of how far you're prepared to go. I know I'm not going to go through all those dramas again if they happen this time around.

Hi Mums,

Gideon has had two nights running where he has slept nearly 5 hours in a row: I feel like a million bucks! The feeding is going well although he doesn't stay on for long. Maybe 10 minutes tops? I remember Gabe needing ages to feed. I have his 4 week check up on Tuesday (just a few days early) so hopefully he is getting enough and putting on weight.

Poor Gids has a bad case of baby acne at the moment: you should see him when he gets red and grumpy! Thankfully, I went through it with Gabe and know it DOES go away eventually. Apparently, boys are more prone to it than girls so hopefully some of your sweeties will miss out on this delightful phase! blink

Brooke: Giving your DD those first precious weeks of colostrum and milk despite the pain of thrush was a brilliant start for her.

Dani: How gorgeous are your kids?? Gideon caught a cold from his big brother the day we came home from the birth centre! We were dripping saline up his nose which seemed to help: didn't know about the bm!

Hi, glad I found this thread!

My little girl Charlotte was born June 20, she's our first bub. She's 3 weeks tomorrow and the first 3wks have been so difficult! It took a whole week for my milk to come in and it only did because when she wasn't feeding I was expressing... She dumped 430g in 2 days after birth and the midwife said I had to give her formula top ups until my supply increased so I would feed her, express milk then give her the rest in formula. This went on 2 days before I was able to express enough to top her up and then by day 7 didn't need to express at all but she was refusing to BF! I was determined to BF and kept persisting through cracked bleeding nipples. She also has a tongue tie which made attachment difficult! I was exhausted and if not for my determination would have given up!

Now, at 3 weeks old she is above her birth weight (was 20g over at 2 wks 2 days), is fully BF every 2-4 hours and is doing really well! I wouldn't say BF is well established yet but we are heading in the right direction... and I can finally get a few hours sleep here and there!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Great that there is this thread as a first time mum I haves loved reading your posts. I've just popped in for a midnight lookin while I do a midnight feeding. I can't believe my beautiful girl is over 1 week. I thought I had a perfect bub only waking every 3 hours I can't believe some of uour bubs sleep all through the night.

How do u change the lilypie ticker? I know I use the psudo but what do u delete before and after the signature?
Sign in to follow this topic